Something You Might Want to Consider Before You Make a Post | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Something You Might Want to Consider Before You Make a Post

1. John Syracuse
2. have you found the recruiting board?
3. We had all the breaking news on the Iditarod last year
4. Pretty sure we knew about the ACC move a day or two before it was announced.
5. DM to the bills was here first, about a week before he accepted the job
Another that sticks out in my mind is we knew that Fab Melo's mid-season suspension had been resolved and he was going to play the next game.
A whole boatload of football recruiting stuff, e.g. prospects, silent verbals, preferred walk-ons.

Another that sticks out in my mind is we knew that Fab Melo's mid-season suspension had been resolved and he was going to play the next game.
A whole boatload of football recruiting stuff, e.g. prospects, silent verbals, preferred walk-ons.

Yep, we deff had the heads up on fab.

And someone here broke the whole Ewing likes to wear women's bathing suits thing.
I have heard more about this... something will happen soon. Stay tuned for news. I can't divulge it now but read between the lines, the tea leaves and/or connect the dots. It has to do with SU football and the powers that be along with important happenings among various stakeholders. Conversations are happening as I type this. It could have wide-ranging implications and may even be explosive. More to follow. Be patient. I will post more when it comes out.

LAOrange said:
Bees: Why is it that Igor and Blue Curtain got to stick around? Admittedly, Igor and BC are kinda fun stupid versus mean stupid but stupid does make for some great threads. GC

Ask yourself this, how often do you see them around? And the guy above complaining wasn't permanently banned. In fact I'll say igor has been banned 20 times more than him.

Ask yourself this, how often do you see them around? And the guy above complaining wasn't permanently banned. In fact I'll say igor has been banned 20 times more than him.

Are you at liberty to say who is the most-banned poster in the combined history of the various versions of this board? A top five perhaps? I'm assuming you are not.

Everyone is getting sidetracked from Tom's original post. Please re-read it again its some of the best advice to come across in a while.

Are you at liberty to say who is the most-banned poster in the combined history of the various versions of this board? A top five perhaps? I'm assuming you are not.

Has to be Tristan

Everyone is getting sidetracked from Tom's original post. Please re-read it again its some of the best advice to come across in a while.

I tacked on my bathroom wall.

I have heard more about this... something will happen soon. Stay tuned for news. I can't divulge it now but read between the lines, the tea leaves and/or connect the dots. It has to do with SU football and the powers that be along with important happenings among various stakeholders. Conversations are happening as I type this. It could have wide-ranging implications and may even be explosive. More to follow. Be patient. I will post more when it comes out.

http://espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?id=333610135

Good find. Things are being revealed that were once whispered. Now loud noises.

My 2 cents is that if a poster, as long as it's not a hit and run Johnny, says a coach is leaving, that is inside info. The name not being provided doesn't detract from what was originally posted in that thread everyone is referring to. What an individual has to do for themselves is decide if the poster is someone reliable.

I agree with what Bees is saying. Most of the "inside info" posted is up to EVERY member here to decide if its somewhat reliable with possibility of being true or total BS. Everyone can decide for themselves.

Where I disagree with Bees (and I may be mistaken and I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong)...is when people had "inside info" on the Scoop Jardine and Point Shaving rumor/story a few years back posts were deleted, threads were locked and such and no "open discussion" was allowed on that topic when it was making some waves on the internet. There was no,... "post inside info and let the member decide if its reliable or BS"...mindset There was a bit of a double standard in that instance. Again it was a few years ago and maybe I am remembering incorrectly.

At the end of the day though this is just a fan message board and some are taking it too seriously. Come here have fun and talk sports and don't get worked up over it! LGO!

I agree with what Bees is saying. Most of the "inside info" posted is up to EVERY member here to decide if its somewhat reliable with possibility of being true or total BS. Everyone can decide for themselves.

Where I disagree with Bees (and I may be mistaken and I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong)...is when people had "inside info" on the Scoop Jardine and Point Shaving rumor/story a few years back posts were deleted, threads were locked and such and no "open discussion" was allowed on that topic when it was making some waves on the internet. There was no,... "post inside info and let the member decide if its reliable or BS"...mindset There was a bit of a double standard in that instance. Again it was a few years ago and maybe I am remembering incorrectly.

At the end of the day though this is just a fan message board and some are taking it too seriously. Come here have fun and talk sports and don't get worked up over it! LGO!
You're talking about a student/athlete and gambling being named by a drunk excon looking for trouble on twitter.

Do you seriously not understand why there was no open debate about it??????

You're talking about a student/athlete and gambling being named by a drunk excon looking for trouble on twitter.

Do you seriously not understand why there was no open debate about it??????
I don't understand. This is a internet message board not CNN or Fox News! This is a place where fans can come and shoot the breeze about SU sports and any news bit or rumor out there. Unless this site is paid for and run by Syracuse University no news item or rumor should be squashed and not be allowed to be talked about. Just my .2

My signature quotes a Ramones song: "I'm an outsider, outside of everything." I don't know anyone associated with SU or on this board. I appreciate the 'insider info' but I didn't join here for that. I try to make sports as a fun outlet from daily life. I tend to be more whimsy in my responses, which I am sure has annoyed the more serious types on here and I have been properly ignored by them. It's all good. Now, can spring practice start already...please. ;)

The pay side was great. I didn't often make posts on that board, but it was sure fun reading the posts. No need to sift through post after post of garbage that takes up a lot of space on here. That being said, I still love this place!

Jeezum, we need some more basketball games to be played and spring practice to start around here. These past couple days have been rough.

Treat others hiw you want to be treated (harder to do then say but c'mon people).

Down, down the field. War Damn Otto. Lets go Orange.

Ok. A pay side has business problems is my guess. I miss what the pay side was ... We need a VIP form by invite only that might come close to the enjoyment of the pay side. THIS IS My app. To be included. Bees we need a high quality area again. We got so much good info it was great!!

No it's not. Never has been.
Well I think the vast majority of people do view it as an internet message board for SU fans where they can come and talk about anything and everything SU sports. And if topics you (and others) don't like discussed are brought up and talked about by the masses I think that is where the disconnect is.

Well I think the vast majority of people do view it as an internet message board for SU fans where they can come and talk about anything and everything SU sports. And if topics you (and others) don't like discussed are brought up and talked about by the masses I think that is where the disconnect is.

The masses don't get a vote and I'm in that group.

There are interesting rumors, and there are destructive rumors. The mods here do a pretty good job trying to quash the latter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom