Song Nominations for the Team @ the Dome | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Song Nominations for the Team @ the Dome

For an enterance song I wish we could hire someone to make one up. Something like this but with our own twist. We just got those new lights put in. If you don't get pumped for the start of that we need to start giving you some testosterone injections.

We need something the students get behind. Just like in the clip from Wisconsin if there is enough energy the rest of the crowd will get behind it. I love AC/DC and The Boss but those songs aren't good for football.

Here is another good one... again, they would run out at :40

This one actually has a really good build up

A fine choice if I want to get psyched up before going out to see a Chick Flick...not the song I would play for a 100 guys to run out of a tunnel to. To each his own...

not my fault that no one rocks anymore. foster the p*ssies all those other kids with their pumped up kicks isn't psyching anyone up

It's out there, just not nearly as mainstream as it once was. Not that I know exactly what it is (I'm no music industry expert) but I know it's out there.

Queens of the Stone Age broke up a while ago but they have a lot of good, heavy stuff that I think would work well at sporting events.

There's even 90's music that you rarely hear at stadiums. I've always felt RATM was underplayed at sporting events.

The possibilities are endless! Seriously though, we shouldn't have to hear the same Black Sabbath song every time we're in the Dome.

Lurker had to log on and assist my fellow orange brovas. I present to you the perfect song to enter the dome this year. I can imagine highlights of past greats being played on the new video boards during the build up, with our team running out at the 1:36 mark. Modern, New York Swag and most importantly NO PROFANITY.

cut the lights NBA style and come out to Lunatic Fringe by RedRider.

the other team should be out there running pass routes etc when the lights go out too. a total What the Fuuuuhh?? moment.

hell, win the toss, kick off...and cut the lights as the ball is in the air too......

If this doesn't get you pumped up. I listen to this doing Insanity and mtn biking. Granted most of the song couldn't be played but just playing the intro as a lead-in to cool highlights on the new boards

These lyrics might be more age appropriate, unfortunately the dreaded "family" word is used in the song. Good song though for the dome.

Nobody likes the Gregorian Chants idea??

Sure, it will take the students/fans a long, long time to learn it...

Didn't some group named Queen have something like We are the Champions? Either that, or go with Kaiser's idea of cutting out all the lights right at kick off.

Lurker had to log on and assist my fellow orange brovas. I present to you the perfect song to enter the dome this year. I can imagine highlights of past greats being played on the new video boards during the build up, with our team running out at the 1:36 mark. Modern, New York Swag and most importantly NO PROFANITY.

Never heard it before but I think it fits perfect. Good build up combine it with some sort of 90's bulls light show. Maybe all lights out until the 1:36 mark then spot light turns on in one endzone and the whole team is there waiting. We really should do something like this because there aren't a lot of teams that could. This is one thing that could help atmosphere puts a show on for recruits etc.

Or the better known

Have you ever seen them live? I used to like this song and still do but I was thinking the guy would be a little more hard core with those chin piercings and all. I saw them live and when he sang this song and all he did no lie was prance around the stage. It kind of ruined the song for me. Evertime I hear it now all I can see is that dude skipping around

Great job by all...I hope a few of the Student Leaders see this and get with SU. Bottomline it needs to be a student lead exercise. With the new video capabilities of the Dome...we need a new intro played when the team enters and look at another song/riff to be played once at a special moment. The idea for the second song during the game is for the students to get up and dance/jump or anything else that doesn't include dangling keys and hopefully the rest of the Dome will follow (somewhat--lol too many blue hairs).

Great job by all...I hope a few of the Student Leaders see this and get with SU. Bottomline it needs to be a student lead exercise. With the new video capabilities of the Dome...we need a new intro played when the team enters and look at another song/riff to be played once at a special moment. The idea for the second song during the game is for the students to get up and dance/jump or anything else that doesn't include dangling keys and hopefully the rest of the Dome will follow (somewhat--lol too many blue hairs).

Just so I'm clear, is the consensus that the team entering to the marching band playing the fight song isn't something we should explore in these parts?

Even VT with their now somewhat known (but copied from the Yankees-Mo) Enter Sandman entrance stops and cuts over to the band when the team actually runs onto the field.

I think the new video boards are great, and love the ribbon for stats. But I really hope SU isn't using this as the full on transition to an NBA atmosphere for college football games. Then again, I have no idea how many of you answered your Dome survey 2 years ago, so maybe it's the dream.

Nobody likes the Gregorian Chants idea??

Sure, it will take the students/fans a long, long time to learn it...

Didn't some group named Queen have something like We are the Champions? Either that, or go with Kaiser's idea of cutting out all the lights right at kick off.

Perhaps instead of the Georgian Chant they should consider having a Priest sit on the bench again.:)

Just so I'm clear, is the consensus that the team entering to the marching band playing the fight song isn't something we should explore in these parts?

Even VT with their now somewhat known (but copied from the Yankees-Mo) Enter Sandman entrance stops and cuts over to the band when the team actually runs onto the field.

I think the new video boards are great, and love the ribbon for stats. But I really hope SU isn't using this as the full on transition to an NBA atmosphere for college football games. Then again, I have no idea how many of you answered your Dome survey 2 years ago, so maybe it's the dream.

Right there with you; hate the wanna-be professional atmosphere that SU's been dabbling in. More marching band, please. Canned music/video can be great if used sparingly (and if the music isn't the sort of metal-head stuff that appeals strictly to 18-34 white males).

Kind of prefer the other version, but I guess the instrumental is more venue-appropriate.