Song Nominations for the Team @ the Dome | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Song Nominations for the Team @ the Dome

For an enterance song I wish we could hire someone to make one up. Something like this but with our own twist. We just got those new lights put in. If you don't get pumped for the start of that we need to start giving you some testosterone injections.

That's a classic; there's nothing better out there.

Funny: SU imitated that by playing Alan Parsons Project during the basketball introductions for years. Guess they tired of it; they've decided that drowning out crowd noise with generic and generally indecipherable music is a better option.

I was going to recommend Orange Crush (because obviously) and Muse, either Hysteria or Knights of Cydonia, but it looks like those have been accounted for, so...

Just so I'm clear, is the consensus that the team entering to the marching band playing the fight song isn't something we should explore in these parts?

Even VT with their now somewhat known (but copied from the Yankees-Mo) Enter Sandman entrance stops and cuts over to the band when the team actually runs onto the field.

I think the new video boards are great, and love the ribbon for stats. But I really hope SU isn't using this as the full on transition to an NBA atmosphere for college football games. Then again, I have no idea how many of you answered your Dome survey 2 years ago, so maybe it's the dream.

We play football in basically a huge Basketball Arena in the Northeast in front of a bandwagon fanbase...we are all ready handicapped on several levels.

I thought you were an adult?

Mark, I have never EVER claimed to be an adult...much the same way you should never be in charge of music at sporting events.

:p

how about Tool's Vicarious. team enters through the smoke at the 45 second mark.

Mark, I have never EVER claimed to be an adult...much the same way you should never be in charge of music at sporting events.

:p

Maybe so...but I'm All Big East 1st Team Tailgate/Travel and Ticket Coordinator. ;)
I heard you made All Big East in Marketing...lots of talent on this board.

I always thought Mountain Song by Jane's would be pretty cool. Then again I am 40.

My guess would be a Jay Z New York State of Mind type of deal.

Man, with all the embedded videos, this thread takes forever to load. Here is my vote. I would be the only one in the crowd excited, but in a world that revolved around me, this is what I would want to hear.

lyrics are really good id say, has some epic lines, hype for a team id say.

I'd also like to see any songs used to have a connection to NY.

Bruce Springsteen? No, leave that to Rutgers.
Virginia Tech uses Metallica. They're from LA.
Wisconsin uses Jump Around by House of Pain. That should, 100%, be Boston College (or ND).
PSU uses Seven Nation Army, by The White Stripes. That should be UMich.
South Carolina is the worst. Sandstorm by DJ Darude. Techno from Finland...for a SOUTHERN school. Come on, South.

You might think that's anal, but this is NY. We have tons of NY artists to choose from. No need to look elsewhere. The NY's College Team thing should go further than just signs on top of taxi cabs.

If any rap is used, should be something timeless, like Biggie. Can just use instrumental versions if it's too "rap-y" for people. You need catchy, minimal songs. Stuff like The Ramones.

I'd also like to see any songs used to have a connection to NY.

Bruce Springsteen? No, leave that to Rutgers.
Virginia Tech uses Metallica. They're from LA.
Wisconsin uses Jump Around by House of Pain. That should, 100%, be Boston College (or ND).
PSU uses Seven Nation Army, by The White Stripes. That should be UMich.
South Carolina is the worst. Sandstorm by DJ Darude. Techno from Finland...for a SOUTHERN school. Come on, South.

You might think that's anal, but this is NY. We have tons of NY artists to choose from. No need to look elsewhere. The NY's College Team thing should go further than just signs on top of taxi cabs.

If any rap is used, should be something timeless, like Biggie. Can just use instrumental versions if it's too "rap-y" for people. You need catchy, minimal songs. Stuff like The Ramones.

NY, NY sung by Alicia Keys was nominated above...that would be a good one. They have played it in the Dome before.