Song Nominations for the Team @ the Dome | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Song Nominations for the Team @ the Dome

I'd also like to see any songs used to have a connection to NY.

Bruce Springsteen? No, leave that to Rutgers.
Virginia Tech uses Metallica. They're from LA.
Wisconsin uses Jump Around by House of Pain. That should, 100%, be Boston College (or ND).
PSU uses Seven Nation Army, by The White Stripes. That should be UMich.
South Carolina is the worst. Sandstorm by DJ Darude. Techno from Finland...for a SOUTHERN school. Come on, South.

You might think that's anal, but this is NY. We have tons of NY artists to choose from. No need to look elsewhere. The NY's College Team thing should go further than just signs on top of taxi cabs.

If any rap is used, should be something timeless, like Biggie. Can just use instrumental versions if it's too "rap-y" for people. You need catchy, minimal songs. Stuff like The Ramones.
That's kind of where i was going with my Black Country Communion nomination - localish Joe Bonamassa is in the band. Plus after the buildup from the bass to the cymbals to the guitar - the team can come storming out when it all come together.

You want local flava? Benny friggin' Mardones?? NO! Martin Sexton!
Black Sheep the perfect swan song for the Big East. Not a bang your head type song, but dim the Dome lights and have all 25k singing along.

Phish is local. But by the time the team enters they'd all have cottonmouth looking for a bag of Doritos.

Phish is local. But by the time the team enters they'd all have cottonmouth looking for a bag of Doritos.
In my younger years I was friends with members of the Electric Chick Magnets. They were a pretty popular disco cover band in the early to mid 90's around Syracuse.
One night they played Styleens Rhythm Palace and had this old woman in a leisure suit backstage. I spent the night bagging on the poor woman only to find out it was John Fishman's mother.

Pay homage to all our NYC players and recruits. Fits in well with Orange in the Apple.