Song of the Day II | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Song of the Day II

You are all way out of my wheelhouse, so allow me to be out of yours.

Testament? Toad the West Sprocket?

Anyway, if anyone ever went to the Lost Horizon as a child, perhaps you remember or stumbled across this whole scene way, way, way back when...if not, this is a tiny sample of my childhood live music scene!!!

Anyway, if anyone ever went to the Lost Horizon as a child, perhaps you remember or stumbled across this whole scene way, way, way back when...if not, this is a tiny sample of my childhood live music scene!!!

I’m guessing this is after my heyday. I used to play the horizon all the time in a few different bands over my teen years.

Happy Gilmore or Dazed and Confused? (or I'm old and/or lacking a sense of humor)

The last local band I saw at the Lost was probably a band called Free At Last. That was probably back in the 90s. The last national band I saw there was The Smithereens in the late 80s/early 90s. Here’s an ode to them and the late great Pat Dinizio.

The last local band I saw at the Lost was probably a band called Free At Last. That was probably back in the 90s. The last national band I saw there was The Smithereens in the late 80s/early 90s. Here’s an ode to them and the late great Pat Dinizio.
Great band.

I saw them at Bill's Bar on Landsdowne in the late 90s when I lived in the Fenway. They were so good. Still can't believe he's gone.

I liked that for the two Rickenbackers. :)

Thirty minutes of the Kinks. Of all the performers I've seen up close, Ray Davies had the most commanding stage presence. There’s a tremendous version of "Waterloo Sunset" here, and brilliant guitar work from Dave Davies throughout the set. Great cover of "Good Golly, Miss Molly" with Dave singing lead. Enjoy.

Thirty minutes of the Kinks. Of all the performers I've seen up close, Ray Davies had the most commanding stage presence. There’s a tremendous version of "Waterloo Sunset" here, and brilliant guitar work from Dave Davies throughout the set. Great cover of "Good Golly, Miss Molly" with Dave singing lead. Enjoy.

The Kinks are strange, I know they're very well known, and probably liked by most that would have had a reason to stumble upon them, but I also feel like they are tragically underrated.

The Kinks are strange, I know they're very well known, and probably liked by most that would have had a reason to stumble upon them, but I also feel like they are tragically underrated.
I think that's mainly an American thing, although they were popular here. Ray is a great songwriter, but a lot of his stuff may be too "British" for some. Dave created a unique distorted guitar sound on their early recordings (when he was only 17 or 18 years old) that opened things up for many bands that followed, and he rarely receives his due.

I think that's mainly an American thing, although they were popular here. Ray is a great songwriter, but a lot of his stuff may be too "British" for some. Dave created a unique distorted guitar sound on their early recordings (when he was only 17 or 18 years old) that opened things up for many bands that followed, and he rarely receives his due.

My buddy from Wales maintains they were among the first punks. It works, if you think about it a little. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom