Sooo. Does Hop Come Back.. | Syracusefan.com

Sooo. Does Hop Come Back..

Don't think he leaves Washington for many reasons.

Legacy
And I think Hop is a guy who'd truly feel guilt leaving "his" guys that he recruited. His passion and care for the guys who play for him, have a feeling that's part of the reason he was with us for so long.

Legacy
And I think Hop is a guy who'd truly feel guilt leaving "his" guys that he recruited. His passion and care for the guys who play for him, have a feeling that's part of the reason he was with us for so long.
I don't think he will come back either. Seems like he wanted to forge his own path, and there is no turning back once he made the move.

Spring, 2022 - come back home, Hop.

giphy.gif.cf.gif

Kind of agree, Seattle is loaded with talent. Honestly think the negativity he heard after his interim stint played a role in his decision, through no fault of his own.

Nope. That moment is gone. If Hop succeeds in Washington, he'll have plenty of offers to consider. Or maybe he'll decide he likes rain more than snow, and stay put in Seattle.

I can see a Roy Williams situation. Someone else crash and burns in two or three seasons and Boeheim calls Hop and he can’t say no.

I think this is a pretty likely scenario. Let someone else flame out right after JB then then hop comes in and Saves the Day!

This probably won't be my most popular post. But Hop has gotten off to a good start and that was obviously a tremendous win at Kansas, but seems like this might be a little premature to say how successful he will be. I think he will ultimately do a great job there but I'm not quite there after 8 games.

That being said, if he is successful, I don't feel great about the odds of him coming back.

After Hop went 4-5, people begged SU to can him as HCIW and do a national search for JB's replacement.

Now everyone wants him back.

Just wait until they lose to Gonzaga. :rolleyes:

Basically what I was trying to say with my post, but you summarized better :)

After Hop went 4-5, people begged SU to can him as HCIW and do a national search for JB's replacement.

It was pretty ridiculous to judge him on filling in, in the middle of the season though. Long term Substitute teacher basically. It’s not the same. Many pointed that too, while others were freaking out.

Legacy
He has deep deep loyalty to Syracuse and JB as well. JB can be very persuasive when he wants to be.

Nope. That moment is gone. If Hop succeeds in Washington, he'll have plenty of offers to consider. Or maybe he'll decide he likes rain more than snow, and stay put in Seattle.
Everyone is so obsessed with climate around here. That’s maybe a factor for why your average person moves to a new city or state. But these are high level, high-profile basketball coaches who want to win. Their reasons for changing jobs are extremely different than your average joe.

Sure, a few naysayers felt that way. But the wide majority of fans supported Hop, wanted him to be our next head coach and thought he’d do well.

Everyone is so obsessed with climate around here. That’s maybe a factor for why your average person moves to a new city or state. But these are high level, high-profile basketball coaches who want to win. Their reasons for changing jobs are extremely different than your average joe.

Right. If climate mattered, who would want the Green Bay Packers, Notre Dame football, Michigan football, Michigan State b-ball, Indiana b-ball, Ohio State... basically any Big Ten job?

Acting like Syracuse is the only place that has winter.

He may still have family in Syracuse, but remember he is a West Coast guy originally and has blood family there. That plus success at Washington will keep him there.

He lived in Syracuse for like 2/3 of his life though.

I think some people, myself included, were more against the idea of a HCIW (which was terrible one). Having a preferred candidate, Hop, and crossing t's and dotting i's by doing a national search is good practice.

That said, I don't think Hop is coming back anytime soon. A) Because JAB isn't retiring until at least Buddy graduates and B) there will probably be an interim coach. But a lot can happen in four years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom