sorry if asked but the last TO | Syracusefan.com

sorry if asked but the last TO

Newhouser

Hall of Fame
Did JB actually call a TO? I saw the replay and he was making a hand motion but it didn't look like a TO. Not judging the merits of calling it at that time, just seemed like nobody wearing striped shirts or sitting in my living room had any idea why the clock stopped.

if he actually called it, it would have been the worst coaching move of his career. by a long shot. I think it was just a big misunderstanding

My guess (with nothing to back it up) is that he assumed Buzz called a TO because Buzz should have called a TO and called his players over to get as much time as possible in the TO that was never called. The refs saw that and assumed he called a TO.

if he actually called it, it would have been the worst coaching move of his career. by a long shot. I think it was just a big misunderstanding

My guess (with nothing to back it up) is that he assumed Buzz called a TO because Buzz should have called a TO and called his players over to get as much time as possible in the TO that was never called. The refs saw that and assumed he called a TO.
I agree but he didn't seem to upset about losing his last TO in a tight game.

I agree but he didn't seem to upset about losing his last TO in a tight game.

yeah i noticed that too which was really odd.

I chalked it up to JB working on his Karma because he knew it was his fault. But I was knee deep in the scotch at the time. This morning, I realize that JB would never work on good Karma.

Again, i have NOTHING to back up by theory. I could be completely wrong.

I thought he said something to the refs after like "I called time out" may have been " i didnt call time out"?

JB wasn't happy about the TO. I thought Mal called it.

I didn't think the coaches could call a timeout anymore? Or are they allowed to call them in dead ball situations, but not during live play?

I thought it looked like JB said, "Don't worry. I called time out." Or something like that - who knows though. Mal may have been the one that actually called it though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom