SOS get better or worse | Syracusefan.com

SOS get better or worse

SBU72

All Conference
For years (decades?), SU b-ball SOS was pretty much in the top 50 with much of the reason being that they played in was is often called the toughest conference in the country. What would have happened in years like when SU's SOS was between 35 and 50 if they had been in the ACC? The past few years it has included as many as 8 or 9 top 25 teams at any one time. With a move to the ACC, does ths SOS take a hit because only their top 3 or 4 teams have been any good? Inclusion of SU and Pitt will help them but not SU. Or does SU step up and improve their OOC schedule by now including some of their old BE buddies like UConn, Georgetown, SJU, whom ever? I can't see SU playing more that 2 or 3 in any one year. Does it come down to that in football it all matters what conference your in, in basketball it's conference AND SOS and sos can be more easily adjusted by OOC.

good question..its tough to say right now, itll depend on where some of the middle tier teams are at when we start play. you know what youre getting from duke,unc and pitt...but if nc state,maryland, fsu, miami, va tech,wake can hold their own then i think it will get better

As long as we get UNC and Duke once a season I don't see it dropping much. If UConn comes to the ACC we will get them and Pitt twice and may have a higher SOS.

Also the bottom 4 of the BE were doing us no favors SOS wise.

As long as we get UNC and Duke once a season I don't see it dropping much. If UConn comes to the ACC we will get them and Pitt twice and may have a higher SOS.

Also the bottom 4 of the BE were doing us no favors SOS wise.

True, but a lot of that gets deluted with an 18 team conference with so many top teams. And the bottom 3 or 4 teams in the ACC aren't that much better. As an aside, can you imagine a BE-ACC challange that was just the bottom 4 teams, how whould that come out?

We have been slapping our own foreheads for years because the Big East wouldn't get the respect we thought it deserved in the national media. Dickie V and most of ESPN were always negotiating for the ACC, CBS for the Big 10 and everybody else for the Big 12. With Pitt and SU the ACC is genuinely a viable competitor for the best B-Ball conference.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom