Sound on or Sound off? | Syracusefan.com

Sound on or Sound off?

Orangemen

All Conference
A few years ago I switched to watching all SU games with the sound off. Only exceptions are when the games are pretty much not in doubt with SU running away with it.

Am I the only one on this? Anyone else watch games this way?

I've never switched the sound off, no matter who is saying what I'm able to focus on the game and more worried about a pass, the shot being taken or the positioning of the 10 guys on the court to even care about what they're saying

A few years ago I switched to watching all SU games with the sound off. Only exceptions are when the games are pretty much not in doubt with SU running away with it.

I like to hear the crowd and I like to complain about how bad the commentators are, so the sound stays on.

Occasionally, but the announcers are rarely bad enough to warrant it.

I've never switched the sound off, no matter who is saying what I'm able to focus on the game and more worried about a pass, the shot being taken or the positioning of the 10 guys on the court to even care about what they're saying

I'm pretty much the same way with the exception of Vitale has bothered me before with rants that have nothing to do with the game. Sometimes I just can't tune him out

I never have the sound on for sporting events. It's so rare that I find the announcers add anything to the experience. I'd rather listen to music although for SU games, I go with total silence. No distractions.

"Sound Off"...the greatest name for a radio show ever...the old classic 1260 WNDR.

very rarely do they say ANYTHING informative to the viewer. these so called "experts" should be breaking the games down to a much more detailed level than they are. for example, in the MSU / bradley game, they just kept talking about how bradley was playing tough defense..yet never specifically mentioned the main contributor to that tough D was MSU's inability to set screens' successfully. Bradley's midget point guard was incredibly adept at fighting over screens and forced at least a couple illegal screen calls.

Always off when I'm watching anything except Syracuse games. Been tempted to listen to Pasch and Walton, but haven't taken the plunge.

I normally watch with the sound on... this year however I found myself having to run during the game to pick up my son from swim practice an enjoyed listening to the game on the radio almost as much as watching. I guess I am turning into my dad... he always had headphone on wether we were at the Dome or in our living room.

Whenever we invite my my in-laws over to watch a game. I usually have the sound off on the television and music on instead. They always ask if I can turn up the TV, which makes me want to murder them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom