Sour Grapes..... | Syracusefan.com

Sour Grapes.....

newmexicuse

All Conference
A lot of sour grapes here.

I applaud UConn for what they have accomplished. I am delighted that they beat up on Cal U. They were underdogs and when underdogs win it is usually a good thing.

They seem to have a model of success - find some great lightning quick guards who lack NBA size so that they will stay for four years and build around them. Rather than be jealous, maybe we should try and learn from their success & see if some of it can be applied to what we do. They made great adjustments throughout the season & were a team on the rise come March. They did all of the things that we wish would have been done here. We were on a very high horse here because the ACC took us and not them, all the more reason that they had something to prove to themselves and the world. Kudos to them.

Too many on this forum are snobbish about our good, but far from great program, and then get green with envy when somebody else wins. Well guess what, unless we find a way to improve ourselves somebody else will win every season.

And, yet, those same blue nose posters who are really green with envy Kermits get all upset if anybody here criticizes the HOF coach and how he does things. Can't have it both ways.

I applaud UConn for what they have accomplished. I am delighted that they beat up on Cal U. They were underdogs and when underdogs win it is usually a good thing.

They seem to have a model of success - find some great lightning quick guards who lack NBA size so that they will stay for four years and build around them. Rather than be jealous, maybe we should try and learn from their success & see if some of it can be applied to what we do. They made great adjustments throughout the season & were a team on the rise come March. They did all of the things that we wish would have been done here. We were on a very high horse here because the ACC took us and not them, all the more reason that they had something to prove to themselves and the world. Kudos to them.

Too many on this forum are snobbish about our good, but far from great program, and then get green with envy when somebody else wins. Well guess what, unless we find a way to improve ourselves somebody else will win every season.

And, yet, those same blue nose posters who are really green with envy Kermits get all upset if anybody here criticizes the HOF coach and how he does things. Can't have it both ways.
I applaud them for beating 'Turkey. Cheaters never prosper.
:)

Man, enough metaphor and color to make me envious. In defense though, sour grapes can produce sweet wine. Maybe in 2 years Cooney will be appealing to the crowd for their attention like Napier did tonight(maybe it was over the top, but I'm not going to fault him for it) or Hulk Hogan used to do with his hand to the ear. Maybe Mike Hopkins will be talking about family and paying tribute to the greatest coach ever? But wont we need to get banned for a year to match this marvel? Either way I'd rather strive for that model than Cal's.

It's not just somebody it's them. I would have been happy for/congratulated any other team. I just hate their fans.

I liked how both teams were switching up defenses but there was lots of sloppy play last night. UConn had a bunch of terrible possessions vs zone. If not for a superstar player like Napier they would've been beaten. Certainly if UK had made more FTs. They really worked on the glass though which also helped them.

What I have personally found maddening over the past year or so are exchanges like the following:

Person A: makes some completely over-the-top negative observation or thought about UConn
Person B: corrects them and says something more realistic and thoughtful
Person A: questions their SU fanhood, says this is an SU board, go root for UConn, etc.

20 people like Person's A's posts, and maybe Tee likes Person B's posts if they're lucky. Thus, Person A is perversely motivated to keep being not thoughtful.

What I have personally found maddening over the past year or so are exchanges like the following:

Person A: makes some completely over-the-top negative observation or thought about UConn
Person A: questions their SU fanhood, says this is an SU board, go root for UConn, etc.

20 people like Person's A's posts, and maybe Tee likes Person B's posts if they're lucky. Thus, Person A is perversely motivated to keep being not thoughtful.
Reading your post, you resent people liking someone elses point of view and not yours. This is a syracuse board. It's okay to hate UConn. They hate us. Read their board sometime. And person B's realistic and thoughtful post is just your opinion. Others are free to disagree with it and you.

Reading your post, you resent people liking someone elses point of view and not yours. This is a syracuse board. It's okay to hate UConn. They hate us. Read their board sometime. And person B's realistic and thoughtful post is just your opinion. Others are free to disagree with it and you.

But Person B isn't questioning Person A's fanhood and telling them to go somewhere else - that's my point.

F Dasher

ARE YOU EVEN A SU FAN

What if we replaced Uconn with Georgetown? Would the same rules apply? Personally I hate both schools, and yes it gets frustrating listening to people tell me why I shouldn't hate Uconn or talk bad about them. I haven't been to the boneyard in months, but i guarantee not one of them sticks up for us over there.

What if we replaced Uconn with Georgetown? Would the same rules apply? Personally I hate both schools, and yes it gets frustrating listening to people tell me why I shouldn't hate Uconn or talk bad about them. I haven't been to the boneyard in months, but i guarantee not one of them sticks up for us over there.

I fully encourage you to hate UConn - I hate them so much that I didn't watch more than a couple minutes of last night's game. It was just too painful to stomach. I'm just saying it's OK to hate a rival while at the same time being realistic.

You know what I'm for? I'm for conversations. Why does that blind hatred have to necessarily lower the tone? Why do some folks think that they have to wear that hatred on their sleeves every minute of the day? Sorry but it gets boring! I get more stimulation during my lunch hour huffing glue in the parking lot than reading some of those stupid "F this, " threads.

My lesson for the day: If you've got nothing to say, don't say anything.

As someone who hates Uconn relentlessly and bashed them with great joy over the last two years, its played out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom