South Carolina Game Thread... | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

South Carolina Game Thread...

That my friends is really really ugly basketball. This team has a lot of work to do.

We need an offense. This is ridiculous. They are switching all picks and I've seen Roberson with a guard on him several times. Apparently our guards haven't seen him though.

It's ok. Packers stinks. Football stinks. Basketball stinks. Mets stink. It's fine.

CyNxZHRUcAANjb1.jpg

I knew we were in trouble when Chukwu airballed a layup despite being as tall as the rim

Have to get Chukwu out. Not ready for this level of competition on either end of floor. Giving up too many easy inside baskets.

5th game of the season, take a step back from the ledge. Guys are still getting used to playing together and also zone D going to take time. JB will make halftime adjustments in this one and hopefully we can get a W.

Have to get Chukwu out. Not ready for this level of competition on either end of floor. Giving up too many easy inside baskets.

Agreed. Had hoped for better but he looks bad

Gillon needs to settle down and play within his ability. He is playing frenetically and is on the verge of being out of control as he goes hurdling into the SC defense.

Basically were playing a Jamie Dixon coached Pitt team. Clutching and grabbing all over the court but the refs won't call it constantly.

Plus they are carving up the zone ala Pitt.

I already turned it off instead for Michigan-OSU. Then Battlefield 1 while sporadically checking the score. Ill turn it back on if we can get it close again.

TT better prep himself for playing some serious minutes at Center. Chukwu's showing only conjures up the word " project".

Commentators kept praising our zone. Even while we were the team being truly stifled.

Gillon is quick. But doesn't quite have the handles to make moves stick. And his quickness seems rushed—without a resolution when he gets deep.
Hope Howard can just shake off that first half. He's beating himself up too much.

SC is just a phenomenal defensive team. We probably won't play anyone this good on that side of the ball all year. Or next, or after that. I don't remember a defensive team this good since some of the old UConn teams where we couldn't score because they had shotblockers. It's hard to find a team that can shut you down like this without that kind of deterrent inside. They just seem to flat out know what we're going to do before we think of it, and they have the strength and quicks to get it done.

Basically were playing a Jamie Dixon coached Pitt team. Clutching and grabbing all over the court but the refs won't call it constantly.

Plus they are carving up the zone ala Pitt.

I already turned it off instead for Michigan-OSU. Then Battlefield 1 while sporadically checking the score. Ill turn it back on if we can get it close again.

It's not fouling. They outplayed us. Period.

Doug Gottleib said we havent played anything and had only played crappy teams, at home. Maybe DG was correct?!?!?

Lol fball team refusing to let the bball team look worse then them, just gave up there ninth td.

Our guards not penetrating. Ball movement poor. Getting trapped and frustrated leading to turn overs. We need much better guard play in 2nd half. Surprised our guard play was so poor.

He has no business playing in a game like this.

Two stats killing us.

5 TO's by Gillon and 3 pf's on Howard.
Yup... we really need steady play from Frankie if we are going to get it going on O. Gillon is not they guy you want to have out there as the primary PG for most of the game.

Our guards not penetrating. Ball movement poor. Getting trapped and frustrated leading to turn overs. We need much better guard play in 2nd half. Surprised our guard play was so poor.

This sounds kind of like describing my sex life at the moment!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom