Southerland situation... | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Southerland situation...

I just went back to 07, PH wasn't there, he was already in college.

But PH did go there. I think his favorite course was "Westbound Thruway On-ramps".

Per the Seth Davis info, I think we can safely rule out that this has anything to do with Notre Dame prep.

Where is the Seth Davis info? Only thing I heard is that he is reporting that Syracuse declared James ineligible, not the NCAA. Knowing that the NDP investigation is picking up steam, if Syracuse became aware of any irregularities with NDP or when James attended NDP I can see them declaring him ineligible, then petitioning the NCAA for reinstatement. In fact I think this is a fairly common hedge that schools take to protect themselve against any subsequent eligibility issues.

This is not an issue involving last semester grades. It's not a case of someone sleeping at the wheel in academic support. Still 50/50 on his return.

Dammit...cheated on a test?

This is not an issue involving last semester grades. It's not a case of someone sleeping at the wheel in academic support. Still 50/50 on his return.

Thanks for sort of sharing there. I personally could care less for whatever the reasons are behind this. I want to know two things - 1) will he be coming back or not, and 2) when will we know the answer to number 1.

FYI - I don't care about the reasons only because I'm assuming, like with most situations on the Hill, we are never going to know the real reasons so I'm not going to get myself worked up with speculation. Waste of my time.

Thanks for sort of sharing there. I personally could care less for whatever the reasons are behind this. I want to know two things - 1) will he be coming back or not, and 2) when will we know the answer to number 1.

FYI - I don't care about the reasons only because I'm assuming, like with most situations on the Hill, we are never going to know the real reasons so I'm not going to get myself worked up with speculation. Waste of my time.

We agree on this.

Nicholas (Binghamton)

Any chance Southerland sees the court again this season?
Jim Boeheim

(1:12 PM)

We're hopeful. There's a process that he has to go through and we're hopeful that he will be able to return.

Nicholas (Binghamton)

Any chance Southerland sees the court again this season?

Jim Boeheim

(1:12 PM)

We're hopeful. There's a process that he has to go through and we're hopeful that he will be able to return.

What exactly is the above? Am I to believe that this is actually a response from Jim Boeheim? Thanks in advance

Boeheim was doing a 15 minute chat on ESPN.com. I quickly asked that question before the chat elapsed. I was very surprised to actually see him answer it. At least it gives us some hope.
That's sounds more confident than the Fab response last year.

Boeheim was doing a 15 minute chat on ESPN.com. I quickly asked that question before the chat elapsed. I was very surprised to actually see him answer it. At least it gives us some hope.
You da man! Can't believe he answered that one, and that it was somewhat a positive answer. Thanks again.

That's sounds more confident than the Fab response last year.
Yeah, it doesn't sound like the process will be short, but ultimately the situation could be resolved.

based on reading jakes post the only thing that comes to mind is his eligibility coming out of prep school or older coursework..which is why i asked if previous wins were in danger. outside of that i would say its likely a unique situation that no amount of rampid speculation is going to get someone to spill the beans. im sure we will know soon enough and in the meantime lets see just how much the frosh can take advantage of the opportunity and help us keep winning games.

Or violation of the student code. We've been down that road before, too.

He was also hopeful that Arinze would play in the NCAAs, so take it with a grain of salt.

He was also hopeful that Arinze would play in the NCAAs, so take it with a grain of salt.

That was to protect our seed. He probably knew it was unlikely.

Speaking of Arinze, maybe the NCAA finally looked at pictures of James and Arinze and realized we shouldn't have a player in his 8th year of eligibility. After all, we aren't Georgetown, and he's not Kevin Braswell.

This is awesome. It's finally happening. This is the year where we GAIN a star player just in time for the tourney. All the while getting our young guys experience and having the NCAA give us a better seed than we deserve based on the fact that we were playing without a leading scorer. 2013...the year Syracuse pulls the flip trick. Boeheim is a crafty bitch.

based on reading jakes post the only thing that comes to mind is his eligibility coming out of prep school or older coursework.

This is the rumor I've heard, totally 3rd hand though.

Really surprised JB answered that question, which makes me optimistic. Would have thought he would have either said "We're not really sure right now", "I can't answer that" or just ignored it all together.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom