Southerland suspension due to NCAA investigation | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Southerland suspension due to NCAA investigation

I just wish we had the student athletes that Kentucky gets that are so dedicated to their studies and continue to get amazing grades.

The AD needs to get a team of ninjas to assassinate our tutors after they write a player's paper so that there is nobody left to talk. That policy might complicate the process of getting new tutors to replace the ones we killed, but recruiting is something we're good at.

I just wish we had the student athletes that Kentucky gets that are so dedicated to their studies and continue to get amazing grades.

Christ o'Mighty. Leave Kentucky out of it. It's old. It's not even a joke anymore, when the same snide comment pops up six times in every thread.

We need to get our own $h1t together and be on the up-and-up at all times. Regardless of what might be happening in someone else's back yard.

Calipari takes advantage of the Freshman Loophole. IIRC, once you meet the initial eligibility requirements, a freshman just has to be enrolled full time and not flunk out - you can get straight Ds your first semester and not even attend class the second semester, and you can play the whole year. This would kill the eligibility of anyone who intends to come back for a second year, but it works well for kids who know they are going to declare for the draft after their freshman season. Of course, the school has interest in keeping the gpa and progress toward degree numbers on track, so nobody few take it to that extreme, but freshman year classes are pretty easy to maintain a C average in, with a little bit of Academic Services help.

I wonder what sort of impact that JB's "oh this is old news, we self-reported this stuff 5 years ago" comment has had in this situation? I think JB lying on TV might not have sat well with some people over at the NCAA. [I'm referring to the Yahoo failed drug tests report, when in fact SU had not reported it 5 years before]

wouldn't the tutor be in trouble as well? JS gets in trouble with the ncaa and the school , but the tutor is also likely a student who gets in trouble.

maybe this is like "Finding Forrester" he is only in trouble for a bit..

if its anything like finding forrester then its really bad.

If every student came forward with what they knew academically about athletes at their universities, 98% of the Power 6 conference players would be ineligible.
Thirty years ago in Oswego, I took a 300 level English class that had 20 students in it and four of them were hockey players from Canada. And, by the way, the professor just happened to be the Hockey team advsior.

my younger brother played college lacrosse at a state school and never did his own school work,and he has a ring from another

You would think there would be a (secret) committee in the student body to keep tabs on the tutors... to make sure they were doing a proper job with the athletes. Tutors need proper motivation...and determent of course, too.

The AD needs to get a team of ninjas to assassinate our tutors after they write a player's paper so that there is nobody left to talk. That policy might complicate the process of getting new tutors to replace the ones we killed, but recruiting is something we're good at.
At first I was thinking about doing it like the Egyptians with the pyramids - the crews that built all of the secret traps, etc. were buried with the pharoah. But I think a better analogy would be the "winners" of the Running Man. Make up elaborate bios on how successful our tutors became when they're actually stuffed in a locker in the bowels of Manley.