speaking of front runners, our fan base | Syracusefan.com

speaking of front runners, our fan base

dasher

Living Legend
3 great wins mean nothing here. One bad half and it's off to the races. Throw everything else out. The refs. the missed free throws. Anyone think we lose that game if Southerland doesn't get that 4th foul? That was the game. They got the mo and turned it on. End of story.

3 great wins mean nothing here. One bad half and it's off to the races. Throw everything else out. The refs. the missed free throws. Anyone think we lose that game if Southerland doesn't get that 4th foul? That was the game. They got the mo and turned it on. End of story.
Wish I could like this multiple times!

james never cooled off.. we wont see defense like this in the tourney until the latter half of the 2nd weekend if we get that far.. starting with gtown at home through today think about the gauntlet we have run against.. have to give this team a lot of credit for even getting to the finals.. bring on our 13 seed.

Since when is beating Seton Hall and Pitt on a "neutral" court a great win? The Georgetown win was great, since the team showed a fight it had previously been lacking. But the meltdown at the end of last night and tonight is certainly disconcerting.

Only a loser would blame the officials for tonights loss.

Give it a rest. You really expect everyone to react the same way? Welcome to The World. I'd expect anyone with Orange passion to feel passionately about an outcome like this.

Southerland? He's not even a starter. If we can't not crap the bed in a 30 point, 10 minute swing with him not on the floor, we don't deserve to win. Lots at play here, and there are three points of interest. We were probably worn down. Rick 'solved' the zone and made it look silly, with only a simple pass to the post at the FT line, and we couldn't/didn't adjust. L's defense was much better than ours.

Since when is beating Seton Hall and Pitt on a "neutral" court a great win? The Georgetown win was great, since the team showed a fight it had previously been lacking. But the meltdown at the end of last night and tonight is certainly disconcerting.

Only a loser would blame the officials for tonights loss.
You don't consider beating Pitt a great win? Seriously?

seriously. i am embarrassed to be a Syracuse fan after losses. It's like everything we did before is blacked out. I feel worse for those poor kids who just played their hearts out all week. Now they're going to have to listen too and see all this BS people write to them and say and post. Totally ridiculous.

Give it a rest. You really expect everyone to react the same way? Welcome to The World. I'd expect anyone with Orange passion to feel passionately about an outcome like this.

Southerland? He's not even a starter. If we can't not crap the bed in a 30 point, 10 minute swing with him not on the floor, we don't deserve to win. Lots at play here, and there are three points of interest. We were probably worn down. Rick 'solved' the zone and made it look silly, with only a simple pass to the post at the FT line, and we couldn't/didn't adjust. L's defense was much better than ours.
You give it a rest. First, southerland isn't just a starter, he has become the key to our offense. Second, this fan base is spoiled.

Amen to that. UL plays patty cake and 1 less game during their run, we are in street fight for 2 games.

You don't consider beating Pitt a great win? Seriously?

I consider any win "great" because it is the attainment of the objective. But beating a less-talented Pitt team on a neutral court is nothing to write home about. The win at Louisville was great. The Georgetown win was great. Not sure this team had any others. Really underperformed for a lot of the season.

Wow...

I consider any win "great" because it is the attainment of the objective. But beating a less-talented Pitt team on a neutral court is nothing to write home about. The win at Louisville was great. The Georgetown win was great. Not sure this team had any others. Really underperformed for a lot of the season.
Just so you know, if you read the Pitt board, they think this is their most talented team. They did finish ahead of us. They did already beat us. They are a highly ranked team. it was a great win.

You just have to just forget about that last 15 minutes and move one - both the team and the fans. They definitively made some strides (Southerland's shooting, Keita/Cooney) over this week and maybe this game will make them angry and motivated. I just hope it doesn't push Triche or anyone over the ledge and lose all confidence.

I am not sure we don't melt like this even with southerland. We couldn't get ball Over half court. Southerland does zero to help this.

Are you putting the kids down at the start of the games, because from what I've been watching James Southerland sure looks to be a starter. It was a huge blow to lose him, not a 30 point swing blow, but a huge blow nonetheless.

I'm very proud of the kids and pleased we did so well in the tournament. Making the finals of the last BET is significant and the win over Georgetown was superb. I wish the kids could have held on at the end of the game, but they don't play in a vacuum and Louisville really stepped up their intensity. Kudos to the team for making a great run, even if it was 15 minutes too short.

Just so you know, if you read the Pitt board, they think this is their most talented team. They did finish ahead of us. They did already beat us. They are a highly ranked team. it was a great win.

Well then, if the Oakland Zoo crowd thinks they are the tits, it must be so. Apparently the AP votes nor coaches felt the same way (Syracuse Pre-season #9, Pitt NR).

That being said, if we had won at Pitt in February, that would have definitely been "great" considering the tough match up they have historically been and the home court advantage.

I am not sure we don't melt like this even with southerland. We couldn't get ball Over half court. Southerland does zero to help this.
You're probably right, just look what happened when he came back in - he committed an immediate turnover

I'm very proud of the kids and pleased we did so well in the tournament. Making the finals of the last BET is significant and the win over Georgetown was superb. I wish the kids could have held on at the end of the game, but they don't play in a vacuum and Louisville really stepped up their intensity. Kudos to the team for making a great run, even if it was 15 minutes too short.

I agree, a week ago I'd have been very happy to get to the tourney final, and I am happy now. Great run,
last night was a classic win.

if this team came back and lost by two angry would be more rational.

It's what we do - we b*tch! Nobody is discounting the previous 3 days and how well the kids played - it's just your immediate reaction to watching this game, not a summation of your feeling over the past week.

I'm sure the players do it too. I would bet they sit in the locker room bitching about the fouls/officiating more than they sit around congratulating each other on how great they were the other 3 games - Julie probably gets a large dose of it from JB or some other friend. They probably b*tch about who had a bad game too, my friends and I still b*tch about the kid that missed a lay-up at the buzzer of my Sectionals final game (damn you *redacted*)!!! :)

You just have to just forget about that last 15 minutes and move one - both the team and the fans. They definitively made some strides (Southerland's shooting, Keita/Cooney) over this week and maybe this game will make them angry and motivated. I just hope it doesn't push Triche or anyone over the ledge and lose all confidence.

well Triche did make All Tournament team....some how?

Well then, if the Oakland Zoo crowd thinks they are the tits, it must be so. Apparently the AP votes nor coaches felt the same way (Syracuse Pre-season #9, Pitt NR).

That being said, if we had won at Pitt in February, that would have definitely been "great" considering the tough match up they have historically been and the home court advantage.
Who the F cares about pre season? Where were we ranked pre season in 2003 or 2010. We just played for five months and Pitt proved they are a good team on the court, not in the polls, and that's a great win for us especially coming off our late season collapse.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom