Special Teams cost us 2-3 games | Syracusefan.com

Special Teams cost us 2-3 games

That's just counting ST mistakes. What if our ST were more like VaTech, who actually contributed something positive to the effort?
Marrone must be aware that this is an area that needs to be addressed in the off-season.

That's just counting ST mistakes. What if our ST were more like VaTech, who actually contributed something positive to the effort?
Marrone must be aware that this is an area that needs to be addressed in the off-season.
Not just mistakes factor into starting field position. We start at what our 20 yhey start probably 35...we need to go 80, they need to go 65. Does anyone have the actual numbers that would be interesting

We went an entire year without one punt return of any significance, but if you watch games last night they are a huge part of the game

Not just mistakes factor into starting field position. We start at what our 20 yhey start probably 35...we need to go 80, they need to go 65. Does anyone have the actual numbers that would be interesting
How about an occasional blocked punt/FG/XP attempt? Look at how Pitt's ST took command of the game on the opening KO. They employed the same approach the entire game, and we never seemed to adjust; at one point late in the game, Pitt forced Sharpe to field a pooch KO, which was obviously directed at him. We were obviously well-scouted by their ST coach.
That's what I'm talking about.

I'm not afraid to admit that I'm a Marrone supporter but the subpar performance on ST is all on the head coach. I will also admit that it cost us 2-3 games.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom