"Special teams looked lost too" | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

"Special teams looked lost too"

If it is the one to Stevens that I am thinking of, it was too far out of his reach and he barely got fingertips on it. Graham I don't recall but you may be right.

Stevens was in the flat, hit him right in the hands. Location of the pass was not an issue.

Stevens was in the flat, hit him right in the hands. Location of the pass was not an issue.

Again, if it is the one I am thinking of, I don't consider it a drop. It was right in front of us and came sooner than it should have because Nassib was under pressure again, and as you said was hot but also was out of his reach (not in his hands) and he did reach out for it just as he turned his head and it went off his fingers. That is a very liberal use of the word drop. Still don't remember Graham nor Rene unless it is the one where Rene got drilled just as the ball got there. Either way, the WR's were the least of our problems yesterday.

The Stevens play was an awful drop

Has to be a different play and not the one in front of us.

Sent from my DROIDX

I'm one to give more credit to Nassib than others do. I don't think he is really that bad. But when yesterday did the WR's drop 4 balls? I remember 1 real drop by West, that's it.
Rene and Stevens dropped two that were right in their numbers and Graham dropped one that was a little tougher but should have been caught- plus the one you mentioned by West.
Stevens was a killer.

Has to be a different play and not the one in front of us.

Sent from my DROIDX

I'm pretty sure there was a Provo play that maybe could have been caught with a better pass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm pretty sure there was a Provo play that maybe could have been caught with a better pass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes, I thouht I saw Provo with a big drop towards the sideline as well.

Again, if it is the one I am thinking of, I don't consider it a drop. It was right in front of us and came sooner than it should have because Nassib was under pressure again, and as you said was hot but also was out of his reach (not in his hands) and he did reach out for it just as he turned his head and it went off his fingers. That is a very liberal use of the word drop. Still don't remember Graham nor Rene unless it is the one where Rene got drilled just as the ball got there. Either way, the WR's were the least of our problems yesterday.

It was a hot pass, but Stevens could have caught it. He was right there and the replay showed he saw the ball and it hit his hands. I bet he would say he should have caught it.

I don't remember Graham's play, but Rene took his eye off the ball. It wasn't one where he got drilled either. In fact, I don't know if he even got hit because the ball bounced off his hands and up the air well away from him - Provo dove and almost came up with it 5 yards away. But the fact that Rene didn't know which direction the ball went told me that he took his eye off it before it hit his hands.

As for the Chew deep ball in the 1st quarter, it was a toss-up, but Chew made an awful adjustment on the ball and was not in a position to make a play on it when it got near him. He always seems to try to catch the ball in stride when sometimes the right play is to get to the spot as quickly as possible and then go up and get it. It's better to make a catch and get tackled because you're stationary than trying to time it right and run under it at the risk of it getting knocked away or picked. With Chew's length and athleticism, he should be getting to more of these jump balls than he does.

It was a hot pass, but Stevens could have caught it. He was right there and the replay showed he saw the ball and it hit his hands. I bet he would say he should have caught it.

I don't remember Graham's play, but Rene took his eye off the ball. It wasn't one where he got drilled either. In fact, I don't know if he even got hit because the ball bounced off his hands and up the air well away from him - Provo dove and almost came up with it 5 yards away. But the fact that Rene didn't know which direction the ball went told me that he took his eye off it before it hit his hands.

As for the Chew deep ball in the 1st quarter, it was a toss-up, but Chew made an awful adjustment on the ball and was not in a position to make a play on it when it got near him. He always seems to try to catch the ball in stride when sometimes the right play is to get to the spot as quickly as possible and then go up and get it. It's better to make a catch and get tackled because you're stationary than trying to time it right and run under it at the risk of it getting knocked away or picked. With Chew's length and athleticism, he should be getting to more of these jump balls than he does.

Yea, my kid reminded me of the Rene one where it went threw his hands and off his pads I believe and bounced up and was almost intercepted. I guess my onl takeaway from all this is that I don't remember any of us around me complaining about drops over and over so I think others may define drop differently. Getting a hand on the ball and not catching it just isn't the same as a drop IMO. But the net result is the same. Anyone watching it on TV and the replays...was Lemon being tackled and the defender holding his left arm on that one pass near the end of the game? Sure seemed like it from our view.

Yea, my kid reminded me of the Rene one where it went threw his hands and off his pads I believe and bounced up and was almost intercepted. I guess my onl takeaway from all this is that I don't remember any of us around me complaining about drops over and over so I think others may define drop differently. Getting a hand on the ball and not catching it just isn't the same as a drop IMO. But the net result is the same. Anyone watching it on TV and the replays...was Lemon being tackled and the defender holding his left arm on that one pass near the end of the game? Sure seemed like it from our view.

Was that the 3rd and 6 before the batted down 4th down pass? There may have been a little contact but I don't recall thinking something stunk. I was more disappointed that Nassib didn't throw to Bailey out of the backfield as he had all kinds of room to run.

All four of them were clear drops. The only one you can question is grahams b/c it wasn't a perfect pass but it was certainly catchable and I'm sure the coaches and Dorian would consider it a drop.

Completely agree. Like the guy, but he's in over his head. Like you said, we'll have the ACC money soon. We play in a dome and we run one of the most boring and vanilla offenses known to man. Bring in the Pirate!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom