Class of 2017 - Spencer Small (CA) Mid | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 Spencer Small (CA) Mid

Whitey23

Twitter Wizard
@tyxanders
Spencer Small, a speedster at midfield who plays for Torrey Pines (Calif.) and the @WestCoastStarz 2016's, has committed to Syracuse.

image.jpg
He reminds me a little of another West Coast laxer - Drew Snider who played for the Terps a year ago, I thought he was a great player and looks to be a good pick up! They are doing a great job at recruiting! Bring on 2014!

Last edited:
Spencer Small’s earliest memory of playing lacrosse was actually one he’d rather forget.

“I remember when I was in middle school and made their B team,” he explains. “I was pretty upset about it, so I used it as motivation to get pulled up to the A team and eventually did.”

Since that initial slight, Small rose through the ranks to first become a star on Torrey Pines High’s varsity lacrosse squad, and then graduate to playing Syracuse; one of the top schools for the sport in the country. (His path also included a stint at St. Edwards University in Austin, Texas.)

“I committed to Syracuse the day before Christmas and I remember it being the best present I have ever received,” Small remembers of his decision to verbally commit to the Upstate New York team. “When I got off the phone with Coach Rogers, I started bouncing off the walls. The rest of the day I was on cloud nine.”...

TPHS lacrosse star settling in at Syracuse

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom