Sports is an entertainment business | Syracusefan.com

Sports is an entertainment business

dasher

Hoops Inside Info Guru
Our football coach gets that. Jb did at one time. But not anymore. We are not enjoyable to watch. I can live with playing zone 40 minutes a game. But we are boring to watch on offense. Even when we win. What we need most...a true pt guard. Not a converted 2 or 3. A pt that can make a shot. That can drive and dish. And we have had them in spades before. We need a 5 that doesn't need to be able to go to the corner to block a shot. That's dumb. We need a 5 that we can lob a pass down low and get a hoop when we haven't scored for 3 minutes. Give me those two things and I'm happy. The worst thing that has happened to our program was JB being on the pics staff for 3 turns. He picked up this iso ball. And he and Hop weren't around to recruit when we could only have two coaches on the road. G-mac and red were outmatched on the road. This is coach cal. this is coach izzo this is coach Miller. this is ass't coach G-mac. Not the same.

Our football coach gets that. Jb did at one time. But not anymore. We are not enjoyable to watch. I can live with playing zone 40 minutes a game. But we are boring to watch on offense. Even when we win. What we need most...a true pt guard. Not a converted 2 or 3. A pt that can make a shot. That can drive and dish. And we have had them in spades before. We need a 5 that doesn't need to be able to go to the corner to block a shot. That's dumb. We need a 5 that we can lob a pass down low and get a hoop when we haven't scored for 3 minutes. Give me those two things and I'm happy. The worst thing that has happened to our program was JB being on the pics staff for 3 turns. He picked up this iso ball. And he and Hop weren't around to recruit when we could only have two coaches on the road. G-mac and red were outmatched on the road. This is coach cal. this is coach izzo this is coach Miller. this is ass't coach G-mac. Not the same.

Sports is a winning business. Or else.

Nailed it...couldnt agree more

Imagine we're irrelevant for the next 3 years and then who knows what the future holds.

I was talking to my dad tonight. He's mainly an Iowa fan but still cheers for Syracuse because I'm such a huge fan. First thing he said was about how tough and not fun we were to watch on offense and the only reason he did was because he wanted to support my team.

Youre ok with 40 minutes of zone, but JBs zone requires the center to run to the corner which you admit is dumb.

Youre ok with 40 minutes of zone, but JBs zone requires the center to run to the corner which you admit is dumb.
What is so hard for you to understand? I am okay with the zone but not that part of it.

Defense didn’t lose us many games this year. Maybe UVA and UNC. The offense has just been a cluster with no organization whatsoever.

I agree with much of this. The last two games I turned off the TV with 5-8 minutes left. I have been watching Cuse for about 40 years. I never turn off the games.

However, I am still excited for the ACC tournament and another game with Duke( should we get by round 1). I actually th8nk we match up really well. I am super excited for the NCAA tournament and feel we can get to the Sweet Sixteen and then you never know. Offense is painful and the games aren’t as much fun. I hate seeing us get outhustled, and roll over when opponents put a run together. I hate seeing no adjustments and no pressing to mix things up. However, I bleed orange and can’t wait for the next game. Despite evidence to the contrary, I still think Multiple Cuse guys can all play well at the same time.

Cuse!

I was told the system is fine.:noidea:

I think its a legit argument to say the system isnt the issue. Two reasons:

1. Think about the teams we struggle against Its when we get heavy pressure that the offense stalls. When teams overplay like this, a talented player should be able to get by their man. Our players cant.

2. We have no center that can score in the post. This really clogs up the offense. It allows the defense to cheat heavily on the guy with the ball. Now, id still give chukwu or sidibe a couple of chances down there per game but thats really not a system issue, rather ignoring an option in the existing system.

In conclusion, theres a legit argument our talent is the culprit.

What is so hard for you to understand? I am okay with the zone but not that part of it.
I wouldn’t say that’s a part of the zone. It’s something that happens 1-2x a game because our forwards are out of position or there’s a scramble following great ball movement. It’s the C trying to make a play instead of allowing an absolute wide open look. Sure, we could tell the C to never leave the lane but sometimes instincts take over.

I think its a legit argument to say the system isnt the issue. Two reasons:

1. Think about the teams we struggle against Its when we get heavy pressure that the offense stalls. When teams overplay like this, a talented player should be able to get by their man. Our players cant.

2. We have no center that can score in the post. This really clogs up the offense. It allows the defense to cheat heavily on the guy with the ball. Now, id still give chukwu or sidibe a couple of chances down there per game but thats really not a system issue, rather ignoring an option in the existing system.

In conclusion, theres a legit argument our talent is the culprit.
But the talent we bring in is done so because they are theoretically zone fits. The zone has been the key component of our recruiting and can be consisdered the major reason why our offense is so bad.

more drunk posts please

But the talent we bring in is done so because they are theoretically zone fits. The zone has been the key component of our recruiting and can be consisdered the major reason why our offense is so bad.

I think this point is overstated a bit. Every team tries to recruit long guys. Also, weve seemingly gone away from that strategy with next year’s class. The only place where this arguably applies is at the center position and i think weve struck out there moreso than maybe conscious effort not to recruit guys.

That is the second time you have written that absolutely moronic post to me. I don't drink. And you add nothing to this board. Nothing. Did you buy a love potion recently?
you seem really mad. my apologies, i was joking around. good luck in the future. and i have no idea what you mean by love potion.

you seem really mad. my apologies, i was joking around. good luck in the future. and i have no idea what you mean by love potion.
I'm not mad but talking about whether someone is drinking is rude. Some people have serious life issues with that. I am lucky. I never have. I don't like the stuff. Be careful throwing those words around. And we once had a poster who bought a love potion from a fortune teller and wanted legal help suing said fortune teller. It's a board joke now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennie87

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom