Spread Next Week (SU Opens +37.5) | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Spread Next Week (SU Opens +37.5)

The game after SU for Clemson is BC, so factor in that there isn't some great opponent that Clemson could be looking ahead to.
They might get caught looking ahead to that rivalry game.

(it is actually a “rivalry game,” name and all. And yes, not a person on the planet, other than maybe the poor foreign exchange kid who named the game, thinks it’s a rivalry lol)

Clemson could easily score 100 on us if they wanted to.

Clemson had their punter in at QB at the end of the GT game, could it get this bad for us...
Screen Shot 2020-10-18 at 8.36.10 PM.png

Last year, we were healthy and even though coming off a dud, were looking to make a statement at home. They were obviously the better team, but we hung around with some big plays on D.

We lost by 35.

If we only lose by 35 this week, it's the upset of the century, forget the next 80 years.

Interesting but sad betting fact on the Packer and Durham show i heard today.

Last time a spread between two ACC teams was higher than the +44.5 (our current number) was a FSU-Duke game in 2000 when Duke was +47.5.

Final score of that game was 63-14.

Where did the OP see the opening line as SU +37.5? I don't see that anywhere on VegasInsider.com

Oddshark listed the 37.5 before any actual books had it.
Edit: Looks like Bovada might actually have opened it at 37.5

Oddshark listed the 37.5 before any actual books had it.
Edit: Looks like Bovada might actually have opened it at 37.5

Did anyone break their arm trying to lock that in before bovada sobered up?

If the line was 44.5 to open I would be inclined to consider SU.
At 37.5 no chance I would consider them.

I can see Dabo calling off the dogs at 49-0 and we get a garbage time score.
At 37.5 I have no confidence we can cover.
I expect Clemson to score at least 42 points.
Our offense sucks.
If we try to spread them out our QBs will throw INTs.
We have been getting embarrassed and we have won the turnover margin every game.
I have no confidence we get those turnovers against Clemson.

This is a 60 pt loss .. unless SU gets multiple defensive Touchdowns by an act of God

Last year, we were healthy and even though coming off a dud, were looking to make a statement at home. They were obviously the better team, but we hung around with some big plays on D.

We lost by 35.

If we only lose by 35 this week, it's the upset of the century, forget the next 80 years.

We’d lose by 30 to last years SU team

Over the 100 years I've been on this board, I laugh every time some nitwit posts "vegas is giving away free money with this line." Vegas never gives away anything, on any game, ever. Sure, they are way off on a few games every week due mostly to chance variations. Their goal is always to get equal money on both sides of the line. I am stunned that the line is this "low" given how pathetically inept we are on both sides of the ball.

I'm no 690West, but I would bet that money is going to pour in on Clemson early this week. What does Vegas know within their formulas and analysis to set the line that "low" initially?

their goal isn't to get equal money on each side of the line, their goal is to get more money on the wrong side of the line.

now the fact that the line has already been bet up nearly ten points tells me that the initial line was wrong...very wrong. no matter what happens going forward. if they believed in the line...they'd have not moved it that drastically just due to clemson being hit hard...

If there were odds on Clemson not even having a third down I would bet for it.

If anybody sees a prop for Etienne rushing yards please share. I bet it's over 140

Hypothetical question - if Clemson was only allowed to run the ball (no passes allowed at all), would the spread go up or down? On the one hand, there would be less clock stoppages. On the other hand, our run defense is is awful in a historic way, so it's really a close call, imo.

If there were odds on Clemson not even having a third down I would bet for it.
Lol. I’m gonna have to start keeping receipts in this thread. The odds are 10,000-1. Let me know if you’re interested.

Hypothetical question - if Clemson was only allowed to run the ball (no passes allowed at all), would the spread go up or down? On the one hand, there would be less clock stoppages. On the other hand, our run defense is is awful in a historic way, so it's really a close call, imo.

Well, Shedro Louis ran for a 75 yard touchdown last Saturday in the first quarter, while everybody on the defensive unit was ‘fresh’. It took 18 seconds off the clock.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom