Spring 2017 Roster | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Spring 2017 Roster

If Cullen doesn't end up taking any reps at RB in the spring when there are only 3 bodies, it seems unlikely he's going to ever play there.

They shifted Perkins back to RB. He had good tape in HS before the injury.

At a minimum, Cullen will play STs.

Has Brian Ward always been listed at D Coordinator and Linebackers coach? Am I reading into this to much or are they maybe going to add another coach to offense or maybe just a different position and have Ward coach linebackers.

Kaufman who left was the LB coach.

Has Brian Ward always been listed at D Coordinator and Linebackers coach? Am I reading into this to much or are they maybe going to add another coach to offense or maybe just a different position and have Ward coach linebackers.
Dino has in the past had an outside WR and inside WR coach, but be looking to add one of those and RB coach.

Yes Ward will coach LB's

Observations:
1. Guthrie at 215, Thomas at 209, Fagan under 200.. still too small at SAM. Maybe Armstrong moves outside for one year? I have not heard anything about Walton, maybe a possibility?

2. Assuming Clark is back, DTs are finally ACC level skill and size. Clark, Slayton, Williams, Samuels and Ruff will be solid.

3. Moe to Slot, Perkins to RB (probably just a body until frosh arrive)

4. Mykelti cannot get here soon enough... size at safety...woof. However the size at corner is decent.
Not sure how Walton's development is going. Guthrie came in at 215. He might be 230 by August

Stephen Bailey
Syracuse football has updated its roster for spring practice. The biggest change: sophomore Moe Neal is now listed at WR (presumably slot).

Another position change: Jr. Tyrone Perkins is back at RB. Perkins, Dontae Strickland and walk-on Otto Zaccardo will be SU's spring RBs.

Some really great info today: if Slayton keeps his quickness and feet with the added wgt, watch out! Top 3 rds. Love mckinley and he added 40 lbs! Love all the OL wgt changes, alot of chiseling going on. Moe added 10, good move to IR. as far as numbers changes, fagan at #27? Wasn't that Thomas ' digits? Did he graduate? Good to talk pigskin, i tio toed to the hoops board over there. Tough crowd, understandably. Glad to be back over here:) be safe fellas, i am in albany and this is a 20 year storm.

Some really great info today: if Slayton keeps his quickness and feet with the added wgt, watch out! Top 3 rds. Love mckinley and he added 40 lbs! Love all the OL wgt changes, alot of chiseling going on. Moe added 10, good move to IR. as far as numbers changes, fagan at #27? Wasn't that Thomas ' digits? Did he graduate? Good to talk pigskin, i tio toed to the hoops board over there. Tough crowd, understandably. Glad to be back over here:) be safe fellas, i am in albany and this is a 20 year storm.

Thomas is #23. #27 was george morris

Observations:
1. Guthrie at 215, Thomas at 209, Fagan under 200.. still too small at SAM. Maybe Armstrong moves outside for one year? I have not heard anything about Walton, maybe a possibility?

2. Assuming Clark is back, DTs are finally ACC level skill and size. Clark, Slayton, Williams, Samuels and Ruff will be solid.

3. Moe to Slot, Perkins to RB (probably just a body until frosh arrive)

4. Mykelti cannot get here soon enough... size at safety...woof. However the size at corner is decent.

Like the fact Armstrong is up to 229#. Kid could be special. But, Zaire at 244#!!?? On a 6 foot frame? Wow, ironhead Heyward!

Reactions: FAL
Like the fact Armstrong is up to 229#. Kid could be special. But, Zaire at 244#!!?? On a 6 foot frame? Wow, ironhead Heyward!
I worry about speed and quickness though, it's not like our guys started out faster than everyone else either...

I worry about speed and quickness though, it's not like our guys started out faster than everyone else either...

Absolutely, thats my point. Think Armstrong can keep his speed @ 230 but Zaire at 244 scares me. He had trouble playing and covering in space at 230.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom