Spring 2017 Roster | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Spring 2017 Roster

Keep in mind that these guys are in the midst of winter mass building phases. Lots of max reps & the goal is to put on size. Ruff at DT could be a handful for opposing OLineman.

can the fact that they allowed Devin to have #5 be interpreted as they are expecting great things from him at SU?
I think the staff is very high on him with his speed & versatility. His hands were one of the highlights of preseason practice videos last year. Played QB in HS so I'm sure a few trick-play passes are in his future.

That being said, he inherits #5 from Austin Wilson. That # has lost some luster.

Some really great info today: if Slayton keeps his quickness and feet with the added wgt, watch out! Top 3 rds. Love mckinley and he added 40 lbs! Love all the OL wgt changes, alot of chiseling going on. Moe added 10, good move to IR. as far as numbers changes, fagan at #27? Wasn't that Thomas ' digits? Did he graduate? Good to talk pigskin, i tio toed to the hoops board over there. Tough crowd, understandably. Glad to be back over here:) be safe fellas, i am in albany and this is a 20 year storm.
Thomas was always #23...George Morris and Devon Clarke were #27 last year. More concerning is Fagen's weight still under 200lbs.

I think the staff is very high on him with his speed & versatility. His hands were one of the highlights of preseason practice videos last year. Played QB in HS so I'm sure a few trick-play passes are in his future.

That being said, he inherits #5 from Austin Wilson. That # has lost some luster.
He wore #5 in HS also. He snagged that number as soon as Wilson left.

The problem with our LB has been not getting off of blocks and a new scheme - not speed. Adding weight and str should help a metric ton

Agree staff obviously wanted LB's bigger. I will be shocked if Shy weights 213. Im sure thats a typo
Shy is 218 right now. He Is working out a lot and stayed on campus for spring break to rehab and workout ( I think 4 or 5 kids stayed). I believe he should be cleared for contact the second week of spring ball. He is benching 225 for 18 and ran a 4.56 during winter workouts. He is just getting back into it after surgery but this training staff is doing great things so I expect him to improve a lot before summer camp. We are excited to see how he does and hope for a great season

Shy is 218 right now. He Is working out a lot and stayed on campus for spring break to rehab and workout ( I think 4 or 5 kids stayed). I believe he should be cleared for contact the second week of spring ball. He is benching 225 for 18 and ran a 4.56 during winter workouts. He is just getting back into it after surgery but this training staff is doing great things so I expect him to improve a lot before summer camp. We are excited to see how he does and hope for a great season
Awesome news. We all expect Shy to push for a spot. He's a hard worker and will get his due.

Awesome news. We all expect Shy to push for a spot. He's a hard worker and will get his due.

Amen, he is an animal and a very bright kid. I had the pleasure of sitting next to him at the spring game about 3-4 years ago. Well spoken and polite kid that i have been pulling for.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom