Spring Game April 20th | 7 PM | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Spring Game April 20th | 7 PM

Really hoping we get to meet the players on the field again. that was a highlight Of previous spring games (until last year) and created lasting memories for kids.
That’s what I’m hoping & praying for! It will be my 1st Spring Game & my daughters are super excited. They were wowed at their 1st basketball game against ND this year.

The host of No Destination podcast has talked about fans being able to meet the players on the field this year…fingers crossed.

How is everyone feeling about Attendance for this? Anyone heard anything? My gut says a bigger crowd than normal but slightly disappointing.

How is everyone feeling about Attendance for this? Anyone heard anything? My gut says a bigger crowd than normal but slightly disappointing.
Disappointing depends on what your expectation is. As someone who's never really concerned myself with attendance numbers, especially for a scrimmage, I'll only be disappointed if I can't make it.

5th year wedding anniversary is Sat. My wife has embraced SU football and gives every Sat/Sun during the fall to the pigskin. She understands we don't schedule events during home games and supports iphone/ipad viewing of away games if we have to go to a a birthday party or something. She's the reason we pay 3x as much for tickets as we used to and moved to the lower bowl. That said, she's not giving up Sat. Have fun all.

I’m also an REALLY hoping this happens.

Usually the biggest highlight from the spring game and builds lifetime fans
We're not doing a tailgate, are we?

I’ve heard the football team may be attending the men’s lacrosse game to show their support. Probably only the first 20-30 minutes before they return to the facility for a pre-game meal.

I’ve also heard the team and staff will return to the Dome around 5:15. Only this time instead of entering the Dome on the south side along Forestry Drive as they’ve done previously, I’m hearing the team and staff will be dropped off near the Quad and walk thru the Quad to the Dome.

A lot of teams do “team walks” through their fans on their way to their stadiums on game day. Sounds like Coach Fran is trying to do something like this at Cuse. I love it.

Nothing but DETAILS, Accountability, Relentlessness and Toughness from Coach Fran.

I don’t know if I’ll be there for the start of the lacrosse game, but I will be near the Quad to support the team as they show up.

Will you be there?

Last edited:
Wish I could be there, but will be tuned in from my home for the festivities. Really looking forward to seeing the team show out.

Looking forward to witnessing this spectacle Saturday night with friends, it'll be good to see some old faces as well. GO ORANGE!!

12,000 tickets distributed?

Strong distro number, but with free tickets generally that results in a show rate of around 50%
I would think this would be a higher show rate than that. These aren't your typical free tickets, everyone had to actually make an effort to "purchase" them online. And the spring game typically draws the more dedicated fans. If someone went through the effort to get the tickets, chances are they're going to this game

I would think this would be a higher show rate than that. These aren't your typical free tickets, everyone had to actually make an effort to "purchase" them online. And the spring game typically draws the more dedicated fans. If someone went through the effort to get the tickets, chances are they're going to this game
Doesn't really matter that you had to "claim" them.

In the eyes of a customer, there's no monetary loss/penalty if they don't use them.

Doesn't really matter that you had to "claim" them.

In the eyes of a customer, there's no monetary loss/penalty if they don't use them.
To that point, I got tickets last year knowing the likelihood I would be able to make it was slim and I ended up not being able to go.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom