Spring Game | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Spring Game

Place is going to be empty tomorrow it is what it is at this point. There will be some buzz going into the season in August but there will be a fraction of the people there tomorrow night that were at "Monster Truck Mania" last weekend at the dome.

Yes, but you could always try and help fill the place tomorrow night. Just sayin.

Place is going to be empty tomorrow it is what it is at this point. There will be some buzz going into the season in August but there will be a fraction of the people there tomorrow night that were at "Monster Truck Mania" last weekend at the dome.

Ha! A very small fraction. Monster Jam had like 34-35K. I'll say 1/12th of that.

Even when the “game” was better, did you really get anything out of it?

Some may have been better than others, but they’re all a “is what it is” kinda thing.
I got a Dwight Freeney autograph out of it.

I mean, I can understand exactly what Jeremy is saying. I'll be there, but basically to see Devito get some reps and watch some of the young WR's. I definitely understand his viewpoint as far as the actual "game." He's just being honest, in this case.

Unfortunately your 100% spot on and I don't necessarily blame SU for it. Spring games all across the country seem to have los there appeal I know Neb will have an enormous crowd but thats due to a new coach. Most staffs now a days seem less then thrilled with having to put on a spring game and its hard to fault them. Like you my major curiousity is seeign Devito and the Wr's if I decide to attend.

That said apparently SU informed one of our posters today that the game will only be an hour long and geared toward "students" (no idea what the hell that means).

I can vouch for Tomcat, watching him multi-task at a spring game is a bucket list item you must cross off.

As for the game itself having been to most of them the last 10-15 years the experience/game has become more of a chore then a chance to enjoy some SU football before the 4+ month layoff of the spring and summer. I know kids love it with the ability to get on the field after but the game itself has become forgettable at least in my opinion. Will likely skip it and hit up the lax game the next day instead.

200w.gif

Unfortunately your 100% spot on and I don't necessarily blame SU for it. Spring games all across the country seem to have los there appeal I know Neb will have an enormous crowd but thats due to a new coach. Most staffs now a days seem less then thrilled with having to put on a spring game and its hard to fault them. Like you my major curiousity is seeign Devito and the Wr's if I decide to attend.

That said apparently SU informed one of our posters today that the game will only be an hour long and geared toward "students" (no idea what the hell that means).
Has nothing to do with a new coach the crowds are always huge. It’s an event...and it’s college football...and it’s an excuse to tailgate. Just a different culture than here

Has nothing to do with a new coach the crowds are always huge. It’s an event...and it’s college football...and it’s an excuse to tailgate. Just a different culture than here

It helps that they get the entire population of Page Nebraska to show up, Thats at least 1200 people include the Cafe patrons.

200w.gif

I have no illusions that Coach Babers is going to change what he did last year. The scrimmage will be more of a practice, it will not last long and there will be no attempt to cater to the fans or make it fun or interesting.

I am convinced Dino does not want to have a spring game and it doing everything humanly possible to discourage fans from coming or having a positive experience.

It was an hour long last year and it will be an hour long this year.

Watch closely or you might miss it.

Thank being said, I would go even if I had to watch through a knothole with cold water pouring down my back. That Santana music isn't going to scare me away either.

Thank being said, I would go even if I had to watch through a knothole with cold water pouring down my back. That Santana music isn't going to scare me away either.

Me too. I’d still go and get the kid involved if there was no plays, and just a meet and great.

I mean, I can understand exactly what Jeremy is saying. I'll be there, but basically to see Devito get some reps and watch some of the young WR's. I definitely understand his viewpoint as far as the actual "game." He's just being honest, in this case.

Have no doubt he is being honest.

200w.gif

I have no illusions that Coach Babers is going to change what he did last year. The scrimmage will be more of a practice, it will not last long and there will be no attempt to cater to the fans or make it fun or interesting.

I am convinced Dino does not want to have a spring game and it doing everything humanly possible to discourage fans from coming or having a positive experience.

It was an hour long last year and it will be an hour long this year.

Watch closely or you might miss it.

I go no matter what.

I always enjoy seeing the team on the field.

If I get to see Dungey and DeVito throw and the frosh from last fall I'm good.

If they serve some Hofmann's Coneys I'm really good.

I work nights over on Erie Blvd. and thought about coming up for 25 minutes on my lunch. But between parking, walking up, walking back, etc. I'd only be in the Dome for 20ish minutes

Yes, it will be shown on WatchESPN live.

I just did a search for Syracuse and I didn't see the spring game. What is the game listed under or what search parameters fid you use? Thanks.

Last edited:
I just did a search for Syracuse and I didn't see the spring game. What is the game listed under or what search parameters fid you use? Thanks.
I checked ESPN (upcoming for Friday) yesterday and it was not listed. After reading Tomcat and Texas Mark posts, I checked again and as of now it is still not listed. But, Auburn and Kentucky spring games were listed.

I checked ESPN (upcoming for Friday) yesterday and it was not listed. After reading Tomcat and Texas Mark posts, I checked again and as of now it is still not listed. But, Auburn and Kentucky spring games were listed.

I'm seeing the same things and Syracuse is not listed.

I'm seeing the same things and Syracuse is not listed.
ESPN has been guilty in the past of not posting all upcoming events until the day of the event or close to game time. I have seen this in the past with lacrosse games for Syracuse men or women. So, my advice is to check again tomorrow.

Can't they assign you a better street corner to panhandle for one night?

;):cool::rolleyes::p

I'm usually up off of Marshall but figured it'd be better for me being near the Blvd. that night with easy access to Armory!

I can vouch for Tomcat, watching him multi-task at a spring game is a bucket list item you must cross off.

As for the game itself having been to most of them the last 10-15 years the experience/game has become more of a chore then a chance to enjoy some SU football before the 4+ month layoff of the spring and summer. I know kids love it with the ability to get on the field after but the game itself has become forgettable at least in my opinion. Will likely skip it and hit up the lax game the next day instead.

I’d pick you up and make you go if I lived locally.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom