Spring Game | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Spring Game

I don't think its about that, I think he just isn't a fan of this stuff in general and thinks the spring game and fanfest stuff is a waste of time. If he gets us to 7-5 or god forbid 8-4 this year he has my support to do whatever the hell he wants.

It’s a loss for fans who don’t get any other opportunities to see the team. And it’s a loss for the program and prospective recruits.

It’s just another sign that SU isn’t quite up to being big time.

Whoever is at the game tonight. Please share info of what you are seeing. I am out of town and there is no live streaming.

FYI- at the height of the program, there was no live stream, no television broadcast, was watered down football, and small crowds.

Why do we complain now, at the same exact thing?

FYI- at the height of the program, there was no live stream, no television broadcast, was watered down football, and small crowds.

Because when you become accustomed to it being televised and just about every major program does it, it looks bad — and is a disservice to out of towners who support the program.

But SU has never done a good job at in that area.

at the height of the program there was no such thing as live stream and most people were lucky to have 3 over-the-air channels.

I don't complain about much but no live stream is stupid crazy and really small time. You don't want recruits in Florida checking things out because why? Because Dave Doeren might see Custis in the slot? Give me a break. Recruits can watch the Kentucky and Auburn spring games tonight instead.

I’ve had a back and forth with Nate Mink on Twitter about this.

He said they’d televise it if there was a demand.

Nothing to do with it. They stream college field hockey. It’s Babers’ influence. He’d rather scrap the spring game.

I think I still have Periscope on the iPad. Might have enough juice to show the whole thing. What we really need is a camera man...

I vote for OrangeExtreme.

I don't think its about that, I think he just isn't a fan of this stuff in general and thinks the spring game and fanfest stuff is a waste of time. If he gets us to 7-5 or god forbid 8-4 this year he has my support to do whatever the hell he wants.
Nailed it!

Nothing to do with it. They stream college field hockey. It’s Babers’ influence. He’d rather scrap the spring game.
There were newspaper articles saying it was going to be televised and a number of other stories. Here is one:

2018 ACC spring football games schedule: Dates, game times, TV channel, how to watch online

Looks like someone changed someone else's mind...

No way, can I make the game, finding out just now. Definitely make good on buying you a beer, or I'll pick up a ticket for TexanMark's tailgate, for you.

Exactly right. Demand my arse. I can watch a stream of the Oneonta State women's lacrosse team if i want. true story.

Last edited:
Don't get it. In the recent interview with Axe, one of the points Dino spent alot of time on is the need for more engagement and participation from fans. Big disconnect (for me at least) if you don't see a need to cultivate the interest.

I'm thinking about bringing the fam, Lum. Hopefully it'll have some of the "fanfest" atmosphere and activities.
It definitely will not. FanFest is always, ALWAYS, a much bigger event. They've tried to do stuff with the spring game, thinking Grob on the mic disaster, and none of it worked. Used to be you could go down on the field after, chat with the players, get autographs, etc. Then they turned that into selfie-time with Shafer, now there is some bizarre concourse thing where I think they are back to doing autographs but it feels so 'not gonna do it' up in the concourse. Even my kids took a hard pass on the concourse thing last year.

Now they are saying the format will mimic last year's again. No real scrimmage, just 1 hour of practice, no announcing, just music playing over the speakers. Last year I think we got there a few minutes late, grabbed our concessions, and by the time my kids finished sharing a box of pcorn we were out because it was over.

I'm still going because I live in freaking DeWitt and I can get to the Dome faster than I can Destiny, but I doubt I would travel over an hour after experiencing last year's non-event. The event is slowly dying, and I think the administration couldn't be happier about it.

WHAT THE HECK IS WRONG WITH SYRACUSE UNIVERSITY???? Taking away the feed to be able to watch a SCRIMMAGE on TV. Are you serious. What benefit does this do anyone? Cancel the exposure to recruits, to fans that aren't willing to travel a hour and a half each way to watch a scrimmage of an hour, to the fan that just doesn't want to take their young kids to a Friday night scrimmage but still allow their kids to be connected with the team.
EVERY WEEK this University takes a step backwards in some way or form. Before anyone jumps on me and starts to defend the University or say I'm a fair weathered fan know this. I had season tickets for 35 years straight. Missed 3 THREE games in 35 years. I bleed orange but the persons running this program keep %#$&*% the actual fans and then they wonder why their fan base keeps leaving in droves. This isn't just a football thing either, basketball attendance was down again this year. It was TWO YEARS ago the University was to announce the game plan for the upgraded or new Dome. Glad they can meet their own deadline. This was just for an announcement. Now I'm hearing all they may be doing is putting on a new roof "similar" to the one we have (so cost effective) and widening the concourse. WHY WIDEN THE CONCOURSE FOR AN EMPTY FACILITY???
Pack it up Syracuse. Always crying money, never investing it back tot he sport/s itself or the fans who support it. Goodnight!

WHAT THE HECK IS WRONG WITH SYRACUSE UNIVERSITY???? Taking away the feed to be able to watch a SCRIMMAGE on TV. Are you serious. What benefit does this do anyone? Cancel the exposure to recruits, to fans that aren't willing to travel a hour and a half each way to watch a scrimmage of an hour, to the fan that just doesn't want to take their young kids to a Friday night scrimmage but still allow their kids to be connected with the team.
EVERY WEEK this University takes a step backwards in some way or form. Before anyone jumps on me and starts to defend the University or say I'm a fair weathered fan know this. I had season tickets for 35 years straight. Missed 3 THREE games in 35 years. I bleed orange but the persons running this program keep %#$&*% the actual fans and then they wonder why their fan base keeps leaving in droves. This isn't just a football thing either, basketball attendance was down again this year. It was TWO YEARS ago the University was to announce the game plan for the upgraded or new Dome. Glad they can meet their own deadline. This was just for an announcement. Now I'm hearing all they may be doing is putting on a new roof "similar" to the one we have (so cost effective) and widening the concourse. WHY WIDEN THE CONCOURSE FOR AN EMPTY FACILITY???
Pack it up Syracuse. Always crying money, never investing it back tot he sport/s itself or the fans who support it. Goodnight!

don't be vague, what do you really think about SU athletics?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom