Spring Practice Day #5: Thurs. March 22, 2018 | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Spring Practice Day #5: Thurs. March 22, 2018

With only a few minutes of film, it's easy to over analyze. I wouldn't be surprised if they lined each kid up against his toughest matchup, so he gets the most out of each rep. Doesn't mean he's not destroying a bunch of other guys, where he presents a matchup problem. No offense meant to anyone. Just curious on the 2 deep.

Everyone will win/lose reps, and yeah, even hold sometimes. It's why you keep repping. No biggie.

I still can't load that tweet. Did they take it down for the hold? The physicality was great, though.

Last edited:
Here are few things I'd like to know at this stage. New O-Line Coach Mike Cavanaugh and New QB Coach Martin. Understood there's probably no interview opps, but how's their demeanor. Is Cav an in the trenches teacher? Does yell? Cerebral? What is Martin doing during RVA's? observing, teaching fine points, footwork. Give us some impressions of them.

Early enrollees. Today is the first I've seen Chance on vid in RVAs. I like what I see. Do any early enrollees stand out or do they blend in. A couple of these cats are going to play come September.

How much hands on teaching is being observed from the Grad Assistants? WR's ?

What's the overall vibe of the practice? Urgency, Cerebral, Up beat, Energetic?

All great questions. I too, miss seeing some coaches in action and/or getting a feel for their intensity and demeanor in interviews.

No, it was 69 ... Hackett is 89. Watch Hackett in the other video manhandle linebacker
It's Hackett.

In that drill, they line players up against players/positions that they'll face in a game situations. i.e. wr vs db, og vs nt, ot vs de, olb vs te, etc. Why would P Davis, an OG, be lined up against an OLB?

Mike Clark(left) controls Zach Morton

Curtis Harper(right) has a good battle with Roberts? Chandler?(I'll go with Chandler) Never let him open the hole. Onwualu/Perkins stuffed what little was there.
Decent battle between Elmore/Duerig(center). Elmore didn't allow the initial push, Duerig recovered.

Last edited:
It's Hackett.
Buddy ?
download.jpg

Really excited to see what TD can do. He looks like the best passer in memory in a Cuse uniform.

The timeline of his arrival really couldn't be better.

Dungey is a senior and has the experience/moxie. Devito hung with the redshirt season and is better for having done so.

Hopefully we have a couple situations (non-injury related) where it makes sense to get him a series or two early in a game. And then late in the game of a couple blowouts.

Then in 2019, it's off to the races.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom