Spring Roster up at SUAthletics... | Syracusefan.com

Spring Roster up at SUAthletics...

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
No more Max Beaulieu.

Ryan Lichtenstein is back as a 5th year Grad Student.

Andy Phillips is still listed.

January enrollees are not included yet.

we'll have a full allotment of 25 recruits this season - no question.

we'll have a full allotment of 25 recruits this season - no question.

I'll be close. If everyone shows up in August we'll be at 81 scholarship players, and we're graduating a minimum of 17 seniors when the season ends.

Unless the staff finds another Bromley at the NYS all-star game, we'll have at least 21 recruits in 2014. And there's always the unexpected.

He was a QB. DMF was a SS.

Both listed as RB's for now.
No offense but I think you are incorrect on both accounts. Pretty sure both have been listed as RB's since last year.

So is Andy Phillips participating this spring? He's on the roster but there was some mention of him moving on...

No more Max Beaulieu.

Ryan Lichtenstein is back as a 5th year Grad Student.

Andy Phillips is still listed.

January enrollees are not included yet.
Poor Max Beaulieu. One of the victimsin that dreaded POSITION SWITCH Effups The guy comes in as a beast at DE and gets put over to TE. Major results from "position switches happen but are generally rare. The more noteacble successes arein my memory as Larry Czonka Art Monk and JohnMackey. Of course the ultimate no switch was Jim Brown who one coach was urging to switch to a lineman I think the coach was Joe Szombathy who I had for a swimming course at SU. I hated it. Joe was OKand I even had a couple drinks with the man on a Friday night before a game in NJ at the team hotel in New Brunswick. He was at the bar when I walked in and he waved me over and we taped a little football.He always had a big smile and easy way with him. When in his class we were practicing dives into shallow water ,when one of my ill-fated attempts went too steep and direct to the floor. He pull me up with my hair. I didn't mind. I was glad to be conscious and breathing. He never mentioned it again ,even during our beer together.:p

Poor Max Beaulieu. One of the victimsin that dreaded POSITION SWITCH Effups The guy comes in as a beast at DE and gets put over to TE. Major results from "position switches happen but are generally rare. The more noteacble successes arein my memory as Larry Czonka Art Monk and JohnMackey. Of course the ultimate no switch was Jim Brown who one coach was urging to switch to a lineman I think the coach was Joe Szombathy who I had for a swimming course at SU. I hated it. Joe was OKand I even had a couple drinks with the man on a Friday night before a game in NJ at the team hotel in New Brunswick. He was at the bar when I walked in and he waved me over and we taped a little football.He always had a big smile and easy way with him. When in his class we were practicing dives into shallow water ,when one of my ill-fated attempts went too steep and direct to the floor. He pull me up with my hair. I didn't mind. I was glad to be conscious and breathing. He never mentioned it again ,even during our beer together.:p

Come on Cali, so Bealieu failed because of a position change effup?!? When was this guy a beast at DE? I never saw it. His little bit of high school film highlights didn't show it. More likely he was overhyped and just not that good. He had offers according to the sights but I seriously doubt they were committable offers. Of the two DE's that year, I was more excited about Micah Robinson and I am hoping he starts to excel this year.

Beaulieu was never going to get on the field at DE, so he tried to get on the field at TE.

And funny, haven't you been calling for Reddish to have his position changed for the last 3 years?

Beaulieu was never going to get on the field at DE, so he tried to get on the field at TE.

And funny, haven't you been calling for Reddish to have his position changed for the last 3 years?
Always wondered if he could have been a OLB

Why bother...seriously?

I saw a post yesterday from keenan hale stating he is officially in the graduating class of 2014. 1 year ahead of when he suppose to graduate. Does this give us an extra scholly in this class? or the following class?

Stud players don't get their position switched unless there are multiple stud players ahead of them. This hasn't been the case at DE.

I saw a post yesterday from keenan hale stating he is officially in the graduating class of 2014. 1 year ahead of when he suppose to graduate. Does this give us an extra scholly in this class? or the following class?

Finishing school in 3 years? Impressive. But he may be sticking around for free grad school. That's a wait and see thing.