Springfield | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Springfield

108 total athletes. 3 teams. all men. Football, lacrosse and Soccer. he videotaped most at Carrier dome and only 2 road games, Massachusetts and Akron.

The link above now has the option to watch the PC live at 10:07 it's still not working.

well, springfield was employed by su. he was fired by su. what he did was very very bad and very very illegal (if found guilty). while nobody at su is guilty of anything, at the least su will take a hit in "perception" and likely $$$$ too if there are lawsuits. it's more than a yawn.
Here is a question, if you are a current player do you sue the university?

The link above now has the option to watch the PC live at 10:07 it's still not working.

Where's Roger to set up the link?

108 total athletes. 3 teams. all men. Football, lacrosse and Soccer. he videotaped most at Carrier dome and only 2 road games, Massachusetts and Akron.

Also USF on the road.

Tapes/pics go back to at least 2002 but some will be outisde of the SOL. The 108 atheletes identified sounded like the ones that were inside the SOL. While charges can't be brought for anything outside the SOL, I assume they will still try to identify those athletes and notify them what had taken place. This is almost a 15 year issue. Could get messy.

Also, since some were taken out of state, sounded like it could be a federal crime also for crossing state lines with the intent of committing a crime. Roger is in it real deep.

Good question. It would seem that any number or current or prior athletes could sue both Roger and SU. But I'll let the legal beagles chime in.

Also USF on the road.

Tapes/pics go back to at least 2002 but some will be outisde of the SOL. The 108 atheletes identified sounded like the ones that were inside the SOL. While charges can't be brought for anything outside the SOL, I assume they will still try to identify those athletes and notify them what had taken place. This is almost a 15 year issue. Could get messy.

Also, since some were taken out of state, sounded like it could be a federal crime also for crossing state lines with the intent of committing a crime. Roger is in it real deep.

the only 2 pieces of good news is that it appears, so far, that he acted alone and that he had no intent to disseminate the videos

Regardless of whether it's any current players videotaped or prior, this is not about a case of liability as much as it's about actual damages, which, quite frankly, would appear to be very minimal to nil. From an SU exposure standpoint, if there was knowledge of this being done, then their (as Roger's) exposure would be more in the way of punitive type damages than compensatory. However, it appears there wasn't any concealment or prior knowledge on SU's behalf. Therefore, from a civil suit standpoint, the exposure/damages would appear to be more of a PR threat/hit than anything else.

I think the SU student athletes that were spied on may disagree with you. Just a hunch.

Well, as long as the video or pictures aren't on the internet, it won't be that big of a deal. On the other hand, if he had a for-pay website where he was selling access, then that would be very bad. I hope at least it was the women's locker room.

the only 2 pieces of good news is that it appears, so far, that he acted alone and that he had no intent to disseminate the videos

yep. and like i said previosuly, what is going to hurt su in the end is perception and $$$$. we know perception will take a hit because of past issues. the $$$$ hit will be determined by how many atheletes take civil action vs su. hopefully that is minimized but it could be a very large hit.

Bernie Fine: "Yes...totally alone. *rubs hands together* HeheheheHAHAHAHA!!"

Seriously, I think the good news is that there wasn't any pedophilia. The guy is a gay voyeur.

well, springfield was employed by su. he was fired by su. what he did was very very bad and very very illegal (if found guilty). while nobody at su is guilty of anything, at the least su will take a hit in "perception" and likely $$$$ too if there are lawsuits. it's more than a yawn.

All true, but since SU is the biggest employer in Onondaga County the law of averages says a certain percentage are kinky SOBs who may be operating just the other side of the law (or way on the other side). I work in a higher education-related capacity and believe me, this kind of crap or worse goes on at most large campuses on a depressingly regular basis. SU will be fine unless certain parties (ESPN, the P-S) decide they can get more hits on their websites by playing it up.

marrones last straw to say siginora...?
My theory is that DM wanted to get out of Dodge before the posse got there. He sprinted at the first opportunity before he was considered damaged goods. Stay tuned.

My theory is that DM wanted to get out of Dodge before the posse got there. He sprinted at the first opportunity before he was considered damaged goods. Stay tuned.

What posse?

yep. and like i said previosuly, what is going to hurt su in the end is perception and $$$$. we know perception will take a hit because of past issues. the $$$$ hit will be determined by how many atheletes take civil action vs su. hopefully that is minimized but it could be a very large hit.

As I mentioned, this case is more about PR than it is a $$$ threat as the actual damages would appear to be quite insignificant regardless of the number of civil actions commenced...SU could and may attempt to settle as a nuisance type settlement as their exposure appears to be nil due to Roger being on his own here and outside of his employment scope...had SU had prior knowledge of this activity, etc., then their largest potential exposure would be in the way of punitive damages...

As I mentioned, this case is more about PR than it is a $$$ threat as the actual damages would appear to be quite insignificant regardless of the number of civil actions commenced...SU could and may attempt to settle as a nuisance type settlement as their exposure appears to be nil due to Roger being on his own here and outside of his employment scope...had SU had prior knowledge of this activity, etc., then their largest potential exposure would be in the way of punitive damages...

Not being a lawyer myself and it sounding like you are, I will of courese defer to you and hope you are right. But I know there is concern over the financial hit.