Springfield | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Springfield

"
I had heard this was going to be "on par" with Penn State. I'm actually relieved by what's coming out now. While this will be big and national news worthy it's not in any way on par with Penn State.

It's going to look bad coming on the heels of Bernie though. And maybe I'm off base here but I think it would be much worse 'news' nationally if it was the women's locker rooms. Women being filmed is way more titillating and explosive in terms of the regular media.

I hope there isn't more to this.

Camera picked up Marrone's calf.:cool:

fangallerykpg-vertical.jpg

I would be more concerned if I thought Roger was supplying videos to someone named B-. I don't think that's the case but the thought has crossed my mind. How was Roger's little secret discovered?

Secret service would have uncovered that

well, springfield was employed by su. he was fired by su. what he did was very very bad and very very illegal (if found guilty). while nobody at su is guilty of anything, at the least su will take a hit in "perception" and likely $$$$ too if there are lawsuits. it's more than a yawn.

Says the guy with a young man dancing in his underpants in his bedroom as a signature. LOL.

(just kidding - sort of)

I would be more concerned if I thought Roger was supplying videos to someone named B-. I don't think that's the case but the thought has crossed my mind. How was Roger's little secret discovered?

"Onondaga County District Attorney William Fitzpatrick said the investigation began after a Syracuse employee noticed "clearly inappropriate material" on an "exceptionally long" segment of locker-room footage on a video from Syracuse's football game against South Florida on Oct. 27 in Tampa, Fla."

Also USF on the road.

Tapes/pics go back to at least 2002 but some will be outisde of the SOL. The 108 atheletes identified sounded like the ones that were inside the SOL. While charges can't be brought for anything outside the SOL, I assume they will still try to identify those athletes and notify them what had taken place. This is almost a 15 year issue. Could get messy.

Also, since some were taken out of state, sounded like it could be a federal crime also for crossing state lines with the intent of committing a crime. Roger is in it real deep.

It can't go back 15 years, he has only been employed by SU for "nearly a decade" which would tell me less than 10 years.

"Onondaga County District Attorney William Fitzpatrick said the investigation began after a Syracuse employee noticed "clearly inappropriate material" on an "exceptionally long" segment of locker-room footage on a video from Syracuse's football game against South Florida on Oct. 27 in Tampa, Fla."

Well, it was a pretty exciting win. If that helps.

I hope he didn't make the Mizzou trip.

We used to watch Roger on the nightly news when I was growing up. Sad to see it come to this. May justice be served.

He got in some hot water way back when, if I recall, for using an edited version of "Addicted to Love" on his channel 3 sports segment. He had a sample that was cut to play, "Gonna have to face it you're a dick-".

It can't go back 15 years, he has only been employed by SU for "nearly a decade" which would tell me less than 10 years.

The DA said video and still photos went back to at least 2002. He may have been employed officially by SU for almost a decade but he had been around longer than that in other capacities. Although 2002-2012 is a decade.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

The DA said video and still photos went back to at least 2002. He may have been employed officially by SU for almost a decade but he had been around longer than that in other capacities. Although 2002-2012 is a decade.

Per his LinkedIn profile, he has been an employee of SU since 2003...

Per his LinkedIn profile, he has been an employee of SU since 2003...

So the 2002 photos the DA mentioned came before he was an SU employee.

I'd like to thank Oprah and Lance for running interference on this one.

I get the need to punish Springfield for what he did. It can't be tolerated and he broke the law. What I am not exactly relating to is labeling the players "victims" or "victimized by sexual violence". Maybe it'd be different if I was one of the players he filmed but I think my reaction would be "Holy Shi*, that guy's an a-hole. I can't believe he did that." I don't know that it would go father than that if he didn't distribute the tapes. I hope some of the "victims" speak up on it so we can hear how they really feel about it. Of course, with the potential of a lawsuit, we may never really know.

My question is if the cameras were waist high, how the hell are they identifying the victims?

This (Below) has absolutley no chance of going in a bad direction ;)

My question is if the cameras were waist high, how the hell are they identifying the victims?

one name doing all the work ....."laurie fine" Bernie might help in select cases-- sorry

If you ever played sports at SU you'd know. There is this guy who works for the "Urology Council" and he takes a pic of your package for medical reasons (right after you leave physicals) and they keep a file of it. It was all legit...or at least that's what he said. Hey, wait a minute...

Couple things:

I would like to echo a post a page or two ago. I am sending a thank you card to the following folks within the next couple days; Oprah Winfrey, Lance Armstrong and Chip Kelly. Caught a break in the news cylce on this one hopefully. I do believe this would have had a larger wave of news.

Can one of our experts chime in with a simple yes or no on the following: Is this the balance of the news on this siuation except for perhaps sentencing, etc?

Edit - add Manti Teo to that list for the thank you card :)

Couple things:

I would like to echo a post a page or two ago. I am sending a thank you card to the following folks within the next couple days; Oprah Winfrey, Lance Armstrong and Chip Kelly. Caught a break in the news cylce on this one hopefully. I do believe this would have had a larger wave of news.

Can one of our experts chime in with a simple yes or no on the following: Is this the balance of the news on this siuation except for perhaps sentencing, etc?

more athletes identified and some suits maybe. but to answer your specific question, yes. this isn't going to blow up and be more than what it is right now.

agree i think we got break - looks like it will come and go pretty quickly --

more athletes identified and some suits maybe. but to answer your specific question, yes. this isn't going to blow up and be more than what it is right now.
No, unless . . . J
just use your imagination about what could be on tapes or what he could say.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

Couple things:

SU fans blew this out of proportion, which is understandable considering their sensitivity from the Fine scandal. But Springfield isn't close to being famous (not even Bernie Fine famous), so it was never going to be a huge story. A few laughs and ribbing from people who may hear it over the next couple weeks, but nothing more than that.

Although I'll continue to "stay tuned" in case orangeyes is correct and this escalates into the end of SU Football as we know it.