Springfield | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Springfield

My theory is that DM wanted to get out of Dodge before the posse got there. He sprinted at the first opportunity before he was considered damaged goods. Stay tuned.

"Damaged goods" You gotta be kidding me.

Let's take the hyperbole down a notch.

"Damaged goods" You gotta be kidding me.

Let's take the hyperbole down a notch.
Stay tuned

It's a lot more concerning than this reaction
*yawn*

Maybe I'm the only one who finds this story irrelevant with regard to SU athletics. Some guy I've never heard of who is barely affiliated with SU sports is a perv. Okey-doke. Fire him, lock him up for a while, and move on. "Whoopty-damn-doo."

I second that request... What are we talking about here? Why would DM have anything to stress about in this regard?
It has to do with the football program and makes his job a lot tougher.

So you're basically saying Springfield did not act alone...

syracusefan.com is taking this Marrone Smear Campaign to a whole new level now.
How do you get that from what I said?

Not being a lawyer myself and it sounding like you are, I will of courese defer to you and hope you are right. But I know there is concern over the financial hit.

I just don't see the tangible financial hit being of any significance, so not very concerning to me. As you mention, and as I, the bigger concern is the perception/PR issue, or the intangible hit, which is so much more difficult to measure.

My point from before was more - did Marrone want to deal with this mess differently than BOT and/or Dr. Gross? Did we hold off on improvements knowing a financial issue could be pending?

I could see it being pretty divisive.

I honestly have no idea.

How do you get that from what I said?

You said Marrone got out as quickly as possible so he wouldn't be "damaged goods." And when I said that I thought your comment was hyperbole, you replied with a mysterious "stay tuned."

Stay tuned

It's a lot more concerning than this reaction
*yawn*

Maybe I'm the only one who finds this story irrelevant with regard to SU athletics. Some guy I've never heard of who is barely affiliated with SU sports is a perv. Okey-doke. Fire him, lock him up for a while, and move on. "Whoopty-damn-doo."

I would be more concerned if I thought Roger was supplying videos to someone named B-. I don't think that's the case but the thought has crossed my mind. How was Roger's little secret discovered?

I would be more concerned if I thought Roger was supplying videos to someone named B-. I don't think that's the case but the thought has crossed my mind. How was Roger's little secret discovered?
"The investigation into Roger Springfield began as a result of another employee at Syracuse University noticing on Dec. 6 an extended period of lockerroom footage on the video from the Oct. 27 football game against South Florida in Tampa, Fla.,Onondaga County District Attorney William Fitzpatrick said."

This is really sick and hope he spends a lot of time in jail.

I had a PT job at Syracuse during my time there doing gameday operations -- interacted with Roger a bit and always thought he treated the student employees really poorly and was overall a jerk. Thought really highly of himself.

I had heard this was going to be "on par" with Penn State. I'm actually relieved by what's coming out now. While this will be big and national news worthy it's not in any way on par with Penn State.

It's going to look bad coming on the heels of Bernie though. And maybe I'm off base here but I think it would be much worse 'news' nationally if it was the women's locker rooms. Women being filmed is way more titillating and explosive in terms of the regular media.

You said Marrone got out as quickly as possible so he wouldn't be "damaged goods." And when I said that I thought your comment was hyperbole, you replied with a mysterious "stay tuned."

What he meant to say was that when Marrone found out about Springfield, he threatened to have him " Tuned Up" by the Boys from Buffalo.

I had heard this was going to be "on par" with Penn State. I'm actually relieved by what's coming out now. While this will be big and national news worthy it's not in any way on par with Penn State.

It's going to look bad coming on the heels of Bernie though. And maybe I'm off base here but I think it would be much worse 'news' nationally if it was the women's locker rooms. Women being filmed is way more titillating and explosive in terms of the regular media.

where did you hear that?

Agreed in some ways on the women thing...but in other ways, we're now like "Creepy Closested Gay Guy U". If I was a parent of a 18 year old kid, I'd not be thrilled with these stories...at alll

the only 2 pieces of good news is that it appears, so far, that he acted alone and that he had no intent to disseminate the videos
Oh shocked for a while. I though you wrote inseminate the videos.

It's been on WCBS radio in NYC practically all day... as part of their sports reports twice an hour.

In response to some earlier posts here, the Springfield situation had zero to do with Doug's departure.