St John's Game Thread... | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

St John's Game Thread...

Sooooo, we're trying to simply keep possession & run out the clock. Desko calls a TO & the play he draws up is to throw the ball into the corner for Ciferri, a SSDM, who immediately sails a pass out of bounds. Puzzling.

Sooooo, we're trying to simply keep possession & run out the clock. Desko calls a TO & the play he draws up is to throw the ball into the corner for Ciferri, a SSDM, who immediately sails a pass out of bounds. Puzzling.

Or players are going rogue. Not sure which is worse

inconceivable-1.jpg

but i'll take the W.

Thank you, OX, for posting the scores. Thanks to everyone else for commentary. I will try to watch the game when I get a chance later this week. Sounds like Syracuse was fine when they were still warm but cooled off quickly. Perhaps they should borrow a football field outside when preparing for a cold weather game like this. Anyway, our Orange walk away with a win.

Just watch the 1st quarter. ;)

Im not team fire Desko, but wow he did everything in his power to lose them that game. Why is he telling them to not attack thew cage with the St. John's goalie out double teaming???? They were up 3 with 2:45 left when the St. John's goalie came out of the cage to double team. Why would you not attack the cage? There wasn't even an attempt to attack the cage either. Inexcusable. You have Ben Williams a top FO man in the country.

If they had lost that game it would have been because of Shove Park Desko.

Scored 4 goals in 1:00 in 1st quarter. Outscored 7-5 in the other 59:00.

1-5 St. John's

1-5 St. John's[/

Pathetic...had to hold onto a 1-goal lead to beat a 1-4 Team, not the Syracuse Lacrosse Program i'm used too!

The Defense played fairly well today. They mostly gave up outside shots, which is good, except Molloy is so inconsistent they can't count on him to make those 12-15 yard saves. He takes too long to see the ball and just can't make clutch saves. He HAS to make saves on goals #7 & #8 (not like they were on the porch). That's what great goalies do. I didn't see too many defensive blunders. There were a couple, but overall not bad.

Offense had a nice spurt, but went cold. Offense needs to take smarter shots and play more controlled at times. Poor shooting cost a lot of opportunities. They made Costa look like an all-star most of the game.

This team is not doing well. 4 out of 5 games and 3 out of 4 wins are one goal games and they haven't even hit the meat of the schedule. Unfortunately I think we're in for an 8-9 win season and no dance unless some big changes get made.

I thought the first half against Albany last May was the worst i've seen a syracuse team play. But this one takes the cake. So many stupid plays and unforced errors. You'd almost think they were trying to play terrible. And it'd be one thing if the bad plays were just coming from young players, but nope, it was the whole team. Desko's got a lot of work to do with this bunch

1-5 St. John's

Desko needs to be put on notice, to many of these types of performances the last few years. Emd of game strategy when we have a lead has always been awful. We never hang onto the ball or try to score we just tip toe on the end line and turn it over.

Desko needs to be put on notice, to many of these types of performances the last few years. Emd of game strategy when we have a lead has always been awful. We never hang onto the ball or try to score we just tip toe on the end line and turn it over.

You don't like Jovan Miller running through triple teams?

Agreed Jeremy, each year we bring in too much talent to not have Desko on notice. This team has been nothing but inconsistent the last few years and that can be attributed to coaching.

You don't like Jovan Miller running through triple teams?

Seriously have we ever been good with a 1 goal lead late. I mean what kind of strtategy was that. Lane with the ball? Solomon running to defenders, Ciferri on offense the last possession w t f

Seriously have we ever been good with a 1 goal lead late. I mean what kind of strtategy was that. Lane with the ball? Solomon running to defenders, Ciferri on offense the last possession w t f

We were in a defensive posture.

You know, bent over grabbing our ankles. :cool:

attack ! rather be burt reynolds than ned beatty in that situation .

Mariano and Salcido should be the players with the ball trying to ice the game.

Solomon was just brutal. He looked drunk.

Evans and Solomon were useless today. At some point Desko has to sit Evans he literally cant score in 6 on 6 situations.

Evans and Solomon were useless today. At some point Desko has to sit Evans he literally cant score in 6 on 6 situations.
Evans tries the exact same rollback-to-swim dodge every time he carries. It worked a lot in HS...

Kid is from Georgia. Can't handle a cool Spring Day in NYC. :p

spoke to a person 4 years ago with close ties to CNY high school lax. He was not very high on his HS skills translating tot he college game. I understand the need to recruit the kid who is top 2 - 5 on most national recruit services but most really need to learn how that (national recruiting) system works and how little most know about the transition to the next level. The kid id a good kid and working and I hope he breaks out but he has 2 months to do it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom