St Johns Game Thread... | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

St Johns Game Thread...

It is weird we talk about practicing in man all the time - but cannot employ it games even in extreme emergencies.

You can tell there is a different comfort level that this team is playing with on defense. Now you know why Boeheim is always getting after people. Hop is not doing that. He needs to create more of a level of concern in the minds of these players. There appears to be little accountaility on the part of the players on defense. This is a loss that tells the NCAA this is not a tournament team.

Mullin schooled Hopkins today, what a terrible terrible loss.

"we prepared for this game and we were specific in what we wanted to do" chris mullin

dasher said:
Don't do that to yourself. It won't be any better

Yeah, but I'm conditioned for football to suck. This is two years in a row for BB. Rough! Please just beat Wake. I don't think I can handle another in person loss.

Posted this in the chat room... 19 3's taken between Malachi and Cooney. Only 1 make. That just won't get it done. Awful.
Wasn't Cooney's make pretty early in the game, too?

Man, just a rough game.

OrangeXtreme said:

That's a great pic. Much respect for Mullin.

The referees had just way too many no calls. Every single out of bounds call went to the Johnies except one where the guy slammed into Cooney. This games reminds me of the Louisville game 5 years ago.

Wasn't Cooney's make pretty early in the game, too?

Man, just a rough game.

I thought Howard had a nice game. But man, it seemed to me the referees had blinders on today when it mattered.

Posted this in the chat room... 19 3's taken between Malachi and Cooney. Only 1 make. That just won't get it done. Awful.

We are not going to win games this way. Also, it seemed like we missed a lot FTs.

We are not going to win games this way. Also, it seemed like we missed a lot FTs.

Seemed like that because we did!

What a painful loss. Man I really wanted the announcers to eat crow.

Dave85 said:
What a painful loss. Man I really wanted the announcers to eat crow.
Ugly game live, but plenty of chances. We'll see how things pan out this season. Go 'Cuse!

19-31 from the line, thanks to Roberson and, to a certain extent, Malachi.

Gbinijie and Lydon pass up decent shot opportunities and give the ball to guys who can't shoot. The problem is that the guys who can't shoot have no problem hucking up garbage. Mike G needs to be more selfish.

People think your shooting ability is determined by how many 3's you take. Anyone can shoot a bunch of 3's.

To think we were flirting with number one seeds and #1 rankings a few years ago and great recruiting classes. That all seems like such a long time ago now. Just when it looked like the program was gaining a foothold with the elite programs in college basketball we have been the recipients of a litany of bad news, damaging press, early departures. I guess the warning signs were there with the Melo and Southerland suspensions...

Then the loss of Arizne, Fab barred from Tourney play, the Bernie Fine debacle, the slander suit for JB the findings of the NCAA, the early departure of Ennis, then MacCullough, the whiff on Bryant, the loss of scholarships and JB's 9 game suspension...

Ugh... It's really rubbed the shine off of the program. I know people can rationalize that kids leave early...etc , but there has been some BAD STUFF associated with our program over the past several years. Our program sticks out among all others as far as being depicted as a program which has been under critical scrutiny. It's just really a shame and I can't wait for the era of all this negative ju ju to be over with so we can enjoy a problem free program again.

I love the program and our players. I salute these kids for going out there and representing us when all of these distractions must be very difficult for them to handle. They are just kids and they aren't responsible for any of the stuff we are enduring right now. So I continue to root for these kids no matter what. When they have a difficult loss like today they need our support more than ever.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom