Stanley Cup | Syracusefan.com

Stanley Cup

Alex Tuch (Baldwinsville) with a goal in the Vegas LA game.

That Vegas game atmosphere looks, ummm, fun. That place gets rocking.

That Vegas game atmosphere looks, ummm, fun. That place gets rocking.

My kids are looking forward to visiting him. As the only major team in the city they are rock stars... in Vegas

I can’t watch the Tampa Bay Rangers v the devils...hate them both for different reasons.

Jordan Greenway from Canton NY scored his first NHL goal for the Wild last night. First player to ever play in the NCAA Tournament, Olympics, and NHL playoffs in the same year. Go Jordan!

How cool would it be for an expansion team to win the cup in their first year?
That probably is not going to happen. The Vegas story line is nice but I would put TB/Boston/Nashville/Pitt/and San Jose as more likely to hoist the Cup.

Nashville is going to be hard to beat in the West. They have such a home ice advantage in their barn.

Like I said the Vegas story line is a nice one as they have been incredible for an expansion team. I just don't think they have the guns to match up with some of the big boys quite yet. And you are linking an article from CBS Sports so I would take that with a grain of salt relating to hockey.

They were just reporting odds from a sports book it’s not their analysis

How’s that whole tanking thing going?

They were just reporting odds from a sports book it’s not their analysis

How’s that whole tanking thing going?

Ahh great cheap shot from a guy who clearly knows little about hockeyj

Jordan Greenway from Canton NY scored his first NHL goal for the Wild last night. First player to ever play in the NCAA Tournament, Olympics, and NHL playoffs in the same year. Go Jordan!

I like the kid, but I'm on the Jets bandwagon.

with no Rangers I'm in the anyone but Pittsburg camp

I got a major hate on for Boston. Especially Chara and Marchand.

39.jpeg

I loved Greenway’s play during the Olympics. He was one of the only physical Americans on the ice.

Another example of the Sabres awful trade to get Ryan O’Reilly. They traded 2 second round picks (O’Reilly deal and McNabb/Fasching deal) that would’ve allowed them to pick Greenway ahead of the Wild.

Tim Murray sucks.

Marchand is such a rat and valuable player. You like be him on your t am but t absolutely hate him when your team is playing against him.

Up to a point. Lots of time his teammates get drilled because he's being an AH.

I dislike Boston. Chara and Marchand are such jerks.
I see. I'm not a Boston fan either but they were the lesser of 2 evils. It was a greats series. I think the TB vs Boston series should be a good one to keep an eye on.

The seeding of the NHL playoffs so stupid.

The Bruins and Leafs were 2nd and 3rd in the East points wise.
Leafs got screwed playing the Bruins when they would have been the 4 seed under the old format.

Now the second round has Lightning and Bruins who finished first and second in the East by miles over Capitals and Penguins.
If you want to give the division winner the 2 seed fine but the second round should be
1. Lightning vs. 4 Penguins
2. Capitals vs. 3 Bruins

Instead it’s 1 vs. 2 and 3 vs. 4 points wise.

Same in the West with Nashville vs. Winnipeg. They are 1-2 in the West playing in the 2nd round.

This format is just stupid. It doesn’t reward the regular season results at all.

The seeding of the NHL playoffs so stupid.

The Bruins and Leafs were 2nd and 3rd in the East points wise.
Leafs got screwed playing the Bruins when they would have been the 4 seed under the old format.

Now the second round has Lightning and Bruins who finished first and second in the East by miles over Capitals and Penguins.
If you want to give the division winner the 2 seed fine but the second round should be
1. Lightning vs. 4 Penguins
2. Capitals vs. 3 Bruins

Instead it’s 1 vs. 2 and 3 vs. 4 points wise.

Same in the West with Nashville vs. Winnipeg. They are 1-2 in the West playing in the 2nd round.

This format is just stupid. It doesn’t reward the regular season results at all.

I guess they want to put more emphasis on divisional play and winning your division. It also sets up what is essentially a divisional championship in the second round of the playoffs.

I did like it better when they used to reseed after the first round. Wish they would do that again.

I guess they want to put more emphasis on divisional play and winning your division. It also sets up what is essentially a divisional championship in the second round of the playoffs.

I did like it better when they used to reseed after the first round. Wish they would do that again.
I get it but it’s just dumb.
You play your division rivals 4 times.
You play the other division in your conference 3 times.
Then you play home/home with the other conference.

I don’t get why they keep it in divisions till the conference finals.
Just make it 1-8 in your conference or make divisional play even more than just 4 games.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom