Star Wars Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Star Wars Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker

I have zero enthusiasm for this movie. I'll see it, but it feels like more out of a sense of pop cultural obligation.

I have zero enthusiasm for this movie. I'll see it, but it feels like more out of a sense of pop cultural obligation.
Rumor is time travel will be involved in episode 9.

So who knows if it will be good.

The more I want to get excited about episode 9 I get angry at how bad episode 8 was and it was a waste of a trilogy movie.
JJ wouldn’t have wasted episode 8.

Also I am not confident in D&D to be in charge of the next trilogy after how GOT ended.

The more I want to get excited about episode 9 I get angry at how bad episode 8 was and it was a waste of a trilogy movie.
JJ wouldn’t have wasted episode 8.

Also I am not confident in D&D to be in charge of the next trilogy after how GOT ended.
Here's the thing - 7 had problems too.

Here's the thing - 7 had problems too.
And 1,2, and 3 as well.

For an iconic franchise with billions of dollars in ticket/merchandise revenue that has influenced 2-3 generations, they don't have a great batting average.

And 1,2, and 3 as well.

For an iconic franchise with billions of dollars in ticket/merchandise revenue that has influenced 2-3 generations, they don't have a great batting average.
If you're opening that door...

The old ones aren't the easiest to watch now.

If you're opening that door...

The old ones aren't the easiest to watch now.
I hated it with the passion when Lucas changed Han firing first on Greedo in episode 4.
That was an insane change.

And 1,2, and 3 as well.

It's all about selling rides and plush toys

Rumor is time travel will be involved in episode 9.

So who knows if it will be good.

Rumors of time travel have lowered my expectations significantly.

I’m sick of time travel enabled endings - they’re lazy.

Can’t be worse than 8, can’t it?

Force Awakens is clearly the best Star Wars saga film. I say that because if you consider the film making, special effects it crushes all the original and prequels (just by sheer advancement of the craft), by acting it beats the prequels and by story I think it is up there with any of them. I understand some feel it was derivative but for goodness sakes it is the 7th sequel!! I really enjoyed the characters, I put Ep 7 Kylo Ren up there with Vader as a cool bad guy character and also I like the mystery aspects as to his origin, Rey and Finns background. I have high hopes for 9 but also worried there is no way to satisfactorily wrap all this up. I feel that narratively, Rian Johnson really wasted 8. Wish Abrams had gotten all 3 of the new ones.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom