Star Wars Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker | Syracusefan.com

Star Wars Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker

I had to watch on low volume but was that the emperors laugh at the end?!?!

Yes sir.

Looks pretty cool - will be interesting to see where they take it, given that this is the end of the trilogy. Sincerely hope it is better than the last one.

Yes sir.

Looks pretty cool - will be interesting to see where they take it, given that this is the end of the trilogy. Sincerely hope it is better than the last one.
Palpatine’s laugh was amazing
Kinda wish they would’ve saved that reveal for the film but man did they turn the hype up to 11 since everyone was bummed after last Jedi
It’s like JJ is just ignoring the plot points from TLJ lol
Kylo’s Helmet back together, anakins lightsaber fixed.

D3-KrMQW4AMzF-c.jpg:large

I think they messed up reintroducing luke so badly that bringing back palpatine already seems tiring

Last edited:
I’m already wondering if Palpatine will be a flashback of Luke’s?

I think the big twist will be the return of Anakin. Note Luke says “WE taught you everything we know” (or thereabouts). That tells me there was force ghost training with more than just Luke involved.

I think the big twist will be the return of Anakin. Note Luke says “WE taught you everything we know” (or thereabouts). That tells me there was force ghost training with more than just Luke involved.
I'd bet my house Ewan as Obi is back as well.

I don’t buy the Anakin twist, but fine if that’s the case. Could it be leia is part of the “we”.

Remember, in The Force Awakens, when Rey had her visions, obi wan spoke to her. Ewan was brought in to speak that line. He has to be part of it.

Palpatine’s laugh was amazing
Kinda wish they would’ve saved that reveal for the film but man did they turn the hype up to 11 since everyone was bummed after last Jedi
It’s like JJ is just ignoring the plot points from TLJ lol
Kylo’s Helmet back together, anakins lightsaber fixed.
If the TLJ never happened fans wouldn’t be upset.

My guess is Palpatine’s ghost is still alive just like Yoda and OBW.

Is that a piece of the Death Star crashed into an ocean that they’re looking at?

Is that a piece of the Death Star crashed into an ocean that they’re looking at?

Yes clearly. I've been surprised how many folks don't seem to realize that's what that is. My wife had no idea and she's seen all the films multiple times.

Also shown in the trailer is the medal that Luke and Han got after destroying that Death Star, presumably in Leia's hand. Wonder if it was a). Han's medal, b). Luke's medal, or c). a new medal they made to finally give to Chewy now that we are more enlightened about the inequality Wookies have been subjected to over these many millenia.

Yes clearly. I've been surprised how many folks don't seem to realize that's what that is. My wife had no idea and she's seen all the films multiple times.

Also shown in the trailer is the medal that Luke and Han got after destroying that Death Star, presumably in Leia's hand. Wonder if it was a). Han's medal, b). Luke's medal, or c). a new medal they made to finally give to Chewy now that we are more enlightened about the inequality Wookies have been subjected to over these many millenia.
Whoa take it easy big guy...I was watching on a six inch screen...
I’ve seen multiple articles saying it is different things. Last I saw the Death Star it had been destroyed in a thermonuclear event.

Whoa take it easy big guy...I was watching on a six inch screen...
I’ve seen multiple articles saying it is different things. Last I saw the Death Star it had been destroyed in a thermonuclear event.

I'm not busting your chops!

Some other information about this: in the concept art for The Force Awakens, there were scenes of Rey diving underwater in the wreckage of a death star, finding palpatine's thrown room (where Luke/Vader fought). That maybe explored here and may be where we hear from the Emperor.

Also, a massive easter egg in this trailer which should excite anybody who cares about Rey's lineage:

Compare this ship:

To this ship (Ok it won't let me hot link, but go to 2:03 in the video):

Search your feelings!

I'm not busting your chops!

Some other information about this: in the concept art for The Force Awakens, there were scenes of Rey diving underwater in the wreckage of a death star, finding palpatine's thrown room (where Luke/Vader fought). That maybe explored here and may be where we hear from the Emperor.

Also, a massive easter egg in this trailer which should excite anybody who cares about Rey's lineage:

Compare this ship:
So they’re on Endor?

So they’re on Endor?

Or Yavin 4. I would guess that is the second Death Star but it also doesn’t look like Endor so who knows.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom