Star Wars: The Acolyte | Syracusefan.com

Star Wars: The Acolyte

BlazeOrange

Starter
First two episodes dropped last night. Thoughts?

I'm reserving judgment for now, but was not immediately All-in like I was after the premieres of some of the other series in the franchise.

First two episodes dropped last night. Thoughts?

I'm reserving judgment for now, but was not immediately All-in like I was after the premieres of some of the other series in the franchise.
What were the all ins? Mandalorian and Andor?

I wasn't blown away but I'm fairly intrigued. Certainly not as gripping as Andor immediately was.

Don't want to spoil the show it reminded me of in case people ever circle back to watching it, but killing off Carrie Anne Moss as quickly as they did hurt me pretty bad lol.

Also thought for a bit during that first episode that it was setting up to be a split personality kinda thing, like the sister had died and the trauma manifested itself by creating a version of her in the protagonist's head.

Hated it.
I don’t know who it’s for. Kids? I can’t see ‘traditional Star Wars junkies’ being interested in the general theme so far. I thought the adult cast would be good but Trinity… so, not so much. Or, not yet. Either way, they keep pumping out cheesy, unintelligent, clichéd SW series. Andor was quite the exception, and I wish it were the rule.

Anyway… there’s that, but I’m also just sick of the persistent idiocy of applying Earth sociology to sci-fi/other worlds. I could go into depth on that, but that’s probably outside of the scope of the OP question : (

It seems fine so far.

I don’t think I’m going to be satisfied with whatever the redemption story of the bad twin ends up being but we’ll see. I’m not interested in a storyline where the Jedi did something morally questionable and I’m going to be mildly annoyed if it all ends up being a misunderstanding of what they did and the bad twin’s mind was poisoned or whatever.

It seems fine so far.

I don’t think I’m going to be satisfied with whatever the redemption story of the bad twin ends up being but we’ll see. I’m not interested in a storyline where the Jedi did something morally questionable and I’m going to be mildly annoyed if it all ends up being a misunderstanding of what they did and the bad twin’s mind was poisoned or whatever.
I do wonder if they actually go that direction because my understanding is the point of the show is to kinda plant the seeds of how the Sith came back to power/show that there is some justification to being anti-Jedi. I also think the one dude's suicide seems to indicate at least he truly believes they messed up big time vs. a simple misunderstanding.

It's getting better. I stopped during first episode and am glad I decided to finish last night

Feel like this episode will piss a lot of people off but I liked it a lot

I like the way the Jedi’s involvement was handled and how it sets up future episodes. What actually happened that night seems like it will get revealed piece by piece as we go.

I have a Sith theory stemming from the episode, too.

I expect that we will see this event from multiple points of view before it is revealed what actually happened.

It's too obviously hinted that the Jedi massacred the witches, but they will dance around that and eventually reveal someone pulling the strings who actually killed everyone. Or who either made the Jedi do it or just think they did.

I expect that we will see this event from multiple points of view before it is revealed what actually happened.

It's too obviously hinted that the Jedi massacred the witches, but they will dance around that and eventually reveal someone pulling the strings who actually killed everyone. Or who either made the Jedi do it or just think they did.

Agreed.

So far, we're only seeing things from Osha's perspective. Episode 3 showed her take on the event, colored by what Sol told her afterwards. Based upon yesterday's episode, she thinks that her sister started the fire, and caused the deaths of her mom and the coven.

Pretty clearly, Mae is going after the four Jedi for a reason. And it was weird that Sol was in their fortress when the fire started, so...

I'm ready to see a bunch of Jedi get slaughtered in the next episode. It's a middling show so far that has the potential to get a lot better in the second half of the season. I've seen some truly wild negative reviews for it on social media; the incel community definitely hates it. Elements that a lot of people are assuming are continuity errors appear to be adding to the sense of mystery the show is going for, and are almost certainly part of the plan.

is almost certainly Qimir. The dude throwaway-recites bits of the Sith code. He's either the one training Mae, or is a rival acolyte undergoing his own series of tests. People online are saying it's too obvious, but I don't think THIS is the main mystery of the series, and "obvious" here is part of the plan.

I'm ready to see a bunch of Jedi get slaughtered in the next episode. It's a middling show so far that has the potential to get a lot better in the second half of the season. I've seen some truly wild negative reviews for it on social media; the incel community definitely hates it. Elements that a lot of people are assuming are continuity errors appear to be adding to the sense of mystery the show is going for, and are almost certainly part of the plan.

is almost certainly Qimir. The dude throwaway-recites bits of the Sith code. He's either the one training Mae, or is a rival acolyte undergoing his own series of tests. People online are saying it's too obvious, but I don't think THIS is the main mystery of the series, and "obvious" here is part of the plan.
Agreed with everything here, including the spoiler.

I'm ready to see a bunch of Jedi get slaughtered in the next episode.
I hope I'm wrong, but predict a side story or flasback episode that will end up at the same cliffhanger point again.

The Walking Dead did that all the time, but they had scattered groups to rotate episodes between. I believe all living characters are currently together, which would leave a flashback.

Agreed on the identity. It started out with a bit of mysterious intrigue around him, but has been pretty ham-fisted since the 2nd episode.

I think that I have a good sense of what at least one big spoiler is coming up. If it doesn't come to pass, this is going to be a pretty lousy series, if it can't at least deliver SOME element of mystery.

Sooo... today's episode blew away my expectations. Best episode of a Star Wars series yet? No absurd cliffhangers and still plenty of mysteries. A chillingly evil villain the likes of which we only really saw in the old EU. Almost all action for the entire episode. Check, check, and check!

Extra credit for giving the villain cortosis armor (another callback to the old EU).

Last edited:
Sith are always in pairs, right? So Qimir (sp?) may only be the "master" relative to Mae and a bigger bad could be lurking. If so, there's really only one contender left for that role.

I very much enjoyed that this episode kinda hinted at a lot of characters potentially breaking bad.

Just a badass episode in general.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom