My Fran Brown run in | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

My Fran Brown run in

"
Thought I’d share this story given enough time has passed. I’m going into my last year at Cuse, and absolutely love this school and the Falk Program. I was a junior last year and was forced to live off campus, opting to live on Lancaster Street, which runs adjacent to Euclid Ave.
Is it fair to assume that every alumnus on the board knows where Lancaster street is located? Brought back a great memory.

Thought I’d share this story given enough time has passed. I’m going into my last year at Cuse, and absolutely love this school and the Falk Program. I was a junior last year and was forced to live off campus, opting to live on Lancaster Street, which runs adjacent to Euclid Ave.

In early December of last year three friends and I were playing some beer die on our front lawn (it was freezing but it sounded more fun than attending lecture). Out of nowhere, up drove a large black SUV…. and out hopped newly hired Fran Brown. My friends and I pay attention to Cuse sports quite well, so we immediately knew who he was and were trying not to nerd out.

He hopped out of the truck and asked if he could get a toss. We obviously said yes. On his first toss Fran proceeds to throw one of the most gorgeous tosses I’ve ever seen and sank the opposing teams cup (effectively ending the game). If you aren’t familiar with beer die this is a one in a hundred thing to happen and is something people talk about for ages.

Anyways, my buddies and I started going nuts and running around, but all Fran said before hopping back into the SUV was, “I’m Fran MF Brown, get used to this shi*.”

One of the coolest moments of my life. I also apologize for the wordiness, just trying to describe it like it happened.
This is glorious! Ha

In early December of last year three friends and I were playing some beer die on our front lawn (it was freezing but it sounded more fun than attending lecture). Out of nowhere, up drove a large black SUV…. and out hopped newly hired Fran Brown. My friends and I pay attention to Cuse sports quite well, so we immediately knew who he was and were trying not to nerd out.

He hopped out of the truck and asked if he could get a toss. We obviously said yes. On his first toss Fran proceeds to throw one of the most gorgeous tosses I’ve ever seen and sank the opposing teams cup (effectively ending the game). If you aren’t familiar with beer die this is a one in a hundred thing to happen and is something people talk about for ages.

Anyways, my buddies and I started going nuts and running around, but all Fran said before hopping back into the SUV was, “I’m Fran MF Brown, get used to this shi*.”

One of the coolest moments of my life. I also apologize for the wordiness, just trying to describe it like it happened.
You need to share that with Mark Packer at the ACCN.

I remember Coach Boeheim bringing pizzas to the students who were camped outside the Dome waiting to buy tickets.
Yeah but I bet he had to be talked into the pizza move and was probably a big grouch the whole time

Last edited:

Did HCFMFB get out of the passenger seat or was he driving?

Yeah but I bet he had to he talked into the pizza move and was probably a big grouch the whole time
i was in an elevator with jim boeheim at the 1996 sweet 16 in denver and he was as detached from us as anyone i've seen. juxtaposed by meeting Roy Williams an hour later putting his arm around us exclaiming "what a day for basketball"

i mention it because Fran is finally a pied piper on the hill. we thought we had that with Dino and he was a dud in terms of being a local yocal. I'm hoping Fran takes Red under his wing and he leaves the Boeheim ivory tower that was created at Manley. The less Manley these programs are and more city/student focused the more buyin you will get.

All politics are local. I'm giddy about this.

"

Is it fair to assume that every alumnus on the board knows where Lancaster street is located? Brought back a great memory.

Lancaster Market. $23.99 kegs of Beast, delivered. By an 80 year old man in a blue station wagon who brought it in, tapped it, and refused to let anyone help him.

30 years later and I bet he's still alive.

I was shopping at Dickmans in Auburn a couple weeks ago when Mrs JB was looking for some plants. My wife was like is that who I think it is? I said yes, but she was afraid to go strike up a conversation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom