My Fran Brown run in | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

My Fran Brown run in

Moten deployed the 1-2 zone that night with the coeds at Day Hall. It was impressive.
Stevie had about 25 co-Ed’s he was working at the same time. The roommate of my girlfriend thought they were exclusive. He and I used to joke about it all the time. I don’t know how he managed it. He used to sneak between dorms. I can barely manage one.

Lancaster Market. $23.99 kegs of Beast, delivered. By an 80 year old man in a blue station wagon who brought it in, tapped it, and refused to let anyone help him.

30 years later and I bet he's still alive.

Keg of Beast... damn the memories come flooding back. I haven't thought of the Beast in years.

i was in an elevator with jim boeheim at the 1996 sweet 16 in denver and he was as detached from us as anyone i've seen. juxtaposed by meeting Roy Williams an hour later putting his arm around us exclaiming "what a day for basketball"

i mention it because Fran is finally a pied piper on the hill. we thought we had that with Dino and he was a dud in terms of being a local yocal. I'm hoping Fran takes Red under his wing and he leaves the Boeheim ivory tower that was created at Manley. The less Manley these programs are and more city/student focused the more buyin you will get.

All politics are local. I'm giddy about this.
Between Fran, and FLJ, on the coaches caravan, Red better open up, or I'm sure they will both give him the talk.

Lancaster Market. $23.99 kegs of Beast, delivered. By an 80 year old man in a blue station wagon who brought it in, tapped it, and refused to let anyone help him.

30 years later and I bet he's still alive.
Guess it is now called Mr. Orange market.

I definitely remember that blue station wagon and that old dude who delivered the kegs. Tremendous recall. This board is the best!

Guess it is now called Mr. Orange market.

I definitely remember that blue station wagon and that old dude who delivered the kegs. Tremendous recall. This board is the best!
I lived just up the hill from Lancaster market on Ackerman. 960 I think. Lancaster market was so convenient.

Stevie had about 25 co-Ed’s he was working at the same time. The roommate of my girlfriend thought they were exclusive. He and I used to joke about it all the time. I don’t know how he managed it. He used to sneak between dorms. I can barely manage one.
That’s too much work! Stevie did love the fast break offense. Apparently he was fast breaking btw Shaw, day, Watson, et al

I lived just up the hill from Lancaster market on Ackerman. 960 I think. Lancaster market was so convenient.

I was 943 Ackerman my first senior year. And yes, quick and easy walk around the corner.

Up those stairs and for the jack*ss in all of us, those brave enough to walk on the roof above the mt olympus stairs.

I still call BS on Boeheim walking around the halls of Day and Flint and playing grab*ss with the undergrads. Guy wasn't social on a good day. Just a preposterous thought. The king rarely came to the Hill absent a trip to the Dome.

What I said nor what others said is BS and not preposterous. Nobody mentioned Day and Flint specifically either. And here he is bringing coffee to students camping out.

I delivered some pizzas to kids camping out at the dome about 15- 20 years ago when the kids told me that JB had just left after delivering Twin Trees pizzas. Funny because I had 5 Twin Trees pizzas too. (all I could carry) I was turned away by some kids who already had JB pizzas, to the later arriving kids who assumed I was just helping JB pass more pizzas out. I can testify that he did pass out pizzas to students in some horrible weather.

Beer dye is THE superior drinking game. No arguments will be heard. My only question is did you call “Height” on Fran’s sink? Or was it way up there?

I delivered some pizzas to kids camping out at the dome about 15- 20 years ago when the kids told me that JB had just left after delivering Twin Trees pizzas. Funny because I had 5 Twin Trees pizzas too. (all I could carry) I was turned away by some kids who already had JB pizzas, to the later arriving kids who assumed I was just helping JB pass more pizzas out. I can testify that he did pass out pizzas to students in some horrible weather.
Wait, did you buy 5 pizzas from your own pocket and then pick them up and deliver them to the kids waiting in Boeheimberg? In the middle of a nasty snow storm?

Many props to JAB for doing this but even more to a normal fan.

And you. bought the best pizza you can get in CNY.

Respect.

Last edited:
Wait, did you buy 5 pizzas from your own pocket and then pick them up and deliver them to the kids waiting in Boeheimberg? In the middle of a nasty snow storm?

Respect.
Angelo's says Hi

Angelo's says Hi
Never heard of it. Do you mean the place on Harrison that Yelp says is closed?

Everyone should give Fran’s new instagram a follow, he’s working hard to build a social media presence aside from just twitter. Give him the support he deserves, he’s a positive influence vs jokes like Sanders.

Everyone should give Fran’s new instagram a follow, he’s working hard to build a social media presence aside from just twitter. Give him the support he deserves, he’s a positive influence vs jokes like Sanders.
BDB3BFE3-E286-4A85-B559-5E75F90CA2D8.jpeg

I was shopping at Dickmans in Auburn a couple weeks ago when Mrs JB was looking for some plants. My wife was like is that who I think it is? I said yes, but she was afraid to go strike up a conversation.
She is very approachable and friendly. If I see her in Wegman's, I'll say hi. Sometimes ask how Coach is doing, and she gives a conversational answer rather than just, "Fine, thank you." For instance, I asked how he likes being a commentator now, and she went on about how he worries about what to wear and she has to help him pack his bags or he drives her crazy. All with a smile on her face. Very nice lady.

Respect.
Sure I have no doubt he’s very charitable. In fact we know he is. But he wasn’t a great rep for Syracuse in the local personality front. He’s a curmudgeon and that was his media persona as well. Pasqualoni was similar. Not exactly a warm guy.

Having a likeable guy like Fran is a new thing for SU. It could be a real game changer

Never heard of it. Do you mean the place on Harrison that Yelp says is closed?
It's in Auburn. I think it's been there close to 50 years. Great NY style pizza.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom