My Fran Brown run in | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

My Fran Brown run in

It's in Auburn. I think it's been there close to 50 years. Great NY style pizza.
Never tried it. Never even heard of it.

Will try and give it a shot sometime this summer…..

Never tried it. Never even heard of it.

Will try and give it a shot sometime this summer…..
It will remind you of a NYC pizza joint. Basically take out.

Lancaster Market. $23.99 kegs of Beast, delivered. By an 80 year old man in a blue station wagon who brought it in, tapped it, and refused to let anyone help him.

30 years later and I bet he's still alive.
Freshman year at lawrinson, they'd deliver cases. We'd walk out with an empty hockey bag, fill it up on the giant patio right in front of the door and walk back with an overloaded disgusting biohazard bag clinking around loudly. Most idiotic covert operation ever

Last edited:
Freshman year at lawrinson, they'd deliver cases. We'd walk out with an empty hockey bag, fill it up, and walk back with an overloaded disgusting biohazard bag clinking around loudly. Most idiotic covert operation ever
we used to use guitar cases to shuttle our beer in. we werent fooling anyone. I was lucky enough to have Rob Edson as my RA. His rule was "I don't want to hear it or smell it" and we were good. WE pushed the limits at times but mostly respected him since he was such a fair and great guy. I miss him.

we used to use guitar cases to shuttle our beer in. we werent fooling anyone. I was lucky enough to have Rob Edson as my RA. His rule was "I don't want to hear it or smell it" and we were good. WE pushed the limits at times but mostly respected him since he was such a fair and great guy. I miss him.
My RA called some Syracuse basketball games on ESPN +/- Anthony Calhoun.

That was me when I was an RA at Binghamton. Had a floor of mostly SAE guys and had a meeting with them first night. Basically told them I don't want to hear or smell anything. Be smart, don't get hurt, and you respect me and I will respect you.

They were good guys and never had a bit of trouble. I miss those days...

Thought I’d share this story given enough time has passed. I’m going into my last year at Cuse, and absolutely love this school and the Falk Program. I was a junior last year and was forced to live off campus, opting to live on Lancaster Street, which runs adjacent to Euclid Ave.

In early December of last year three friends and I were playing some beer die on our front lawn (it was freezing but it sounded more fun than attending lecture). Out of nowhere, up drove a large black SUV…. and out hopped newly hired Fran Brown. My friends and I pay attention to Cuse sports quite well, so we immediately knew who he was and were trying not to nerd out.

He hopped out of the truck and asked if he could get a toss. We obviously said yes. On his first toss Fran proceeds to throw one of the most gorgeous tosses I’ve ever seen and sank the opposing teams cup (effectively ending the game). If you aren’t familiar with beer die this is a one in a hundred thing to happen and is something people talk about for ages.

Anyways, my buddies and I started going nuts and running around, but all Fran said before hopping back into the SUV was, “I’m Fran MF Brown, get used to this shi*.”

One of the coolest moments of my life. I also apologize for the wordiness, just trying to describe it like it happened.
My Fran Brown run-in:
First off, my run-in story is not nearly as legendary as yours. It is however another great example of how he is able to make the biggest impact on the people he encounters.
I was at a basketball game with my aging mother in the dome when he made a speach at half time. I was sitting in like section 102 or 103 on the aisle just outside the student section.
When the game was almost over I spotted Fran, his wife and a couple other coaches walking up the aisle. I just yelled out whats up coach as he was walking by, he glanced at me then my mother and back at me gave me a head nod and a little wink.
Then he stopped, gave my mother a big hug and told her how happy he was to see her at the game and how he couldnt wait to see us at the football games.
My mom talked about that nice man at the game for weeks and she literally remembers nothing. For me and my mother that was just a simple moment but one we will always remember.
I strongly feel we hit the jackpot with this dude. Am I crazy to think we just might have a near perfect season? Sometimes the right things just come together at the right times and lightening strikes. All the pieces seem to be in the right place and at the right time here.
May the best seasons of the past be the worst of the future...

You couldn't get past the dorm entrances on Mt. Olympus when I was a student. Girls only. I feel so sorry for you. Boohoo. :p
I was in Flint in 72-73. As I recall, Flint had male and female sides back then. I spent a lot of time "studying" on the good side. The night security guard was a guy named Woody Berry—absolutely one of the coolest people.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DTCSEC

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom