Tyus 1
Buddy 2
Hughes 3
OB 4
Marek 5

Frank 1st guard
Chewy 1st center
Carey and Sid only if needed

7 man rotation. Marek and OB can cover the 4 and 3 respectively.
Frank Tyus cover the point.
Buddy 2 only
Frank Tyus and if needed Hughes civer the 2.

These 7 can get us a nice run but Frank and Chewy need to come off the bench.

Tyus 1
Buddy 2
Hughes 3
OB 4
Marek 5

Frank 1st guard
Chewy 1st center
Carey and Sid only if needed

7 man rotation. Marek and OB can cover the 4 and 3 respectively.
Frank Tyus cover the point.
Buddy 2 only
Frank Tyus and if needed Hughes civer the 2.

These 7 can get us a nice run but Frank and Chewy need to come off the bench.
Why? This season JB has nine players that he seems comfortable using at various points in games where the outcome has yet to be decided. I'll let him determine which 7 or 8 he wants to ride, given specific game circumstances and the physical health of his roster. Outside the center position, there's no need to play around with the starting lineup at this point, IMO.

Last edited:
It’s a tough call... not having a plan b off the bench is very scary. Also if Marek plays the 5 as a starter he won’t make it through games without fouling out. We need to give good PC a chance to show up.

My favorite lineup is actually Marek at the 4, Sidibe at the 5 with Brissett at the 3 and Buddy and Tyus at the 1/2. That way you get offense off the bench with Hughes. Unfortunately, JB doesn’t want to trust Sidibe...

Chances are nothing changes.

It’s a tough call... not having a plan b off the bench is very scary. Also if Marek plays the 5 as a starter he won’t make it through games without fouling out. We need to give good PC a chance to show up.

My favorite lineup is actually Marek at the 4, Sidibe at the 5 with Brissett at the 3 and Buddy and Tyus at the 1/2. That way you get offense off the bench with Hughes. Unfortunately, JB doesn’t want to trust Sidibe...

Chances are nothing changes.
Seriously, what have you seen out of Sidibe this season that would make you want to trust him? He commits fouls at an even greater rate than Dolezaj and Chukwu, 9.2 per 40 minutes to be exact. He can rebound, but he doesn't defend the back of the zone very well, and he hasn't proven to be much of an offensive factor.

This, and exactly this.

He isn’t going to get benched (yet).

But I don’t think “Bench me and I’ll quit trying” is a winning strategy for Frank.

I’d love to hear teammate Tyus’s reaction to that one. Battle’s out there busting his ass to win and Frank decides he can’t be benched regardless of his play?

This, and exactly this.
Why? JB's not stupid ... there's no need for an ego-shattering roster move. Frank can remain the starter with minutes adjusted game by game - business as usual. If he's feeling good, JB leaves him in. If he's struggling, like he has the last two games, Buddy plays more. This makes sense for everyone - gives Buddy experience and Frank gets some rest.

Last edited:
He isn’t going to get benched (yet).

But I don’t think “Bench me and I’ll quit trying” is a winning strategy for Frank.

I’d love to hear teammate Tyus’s reaction to that one. Battle’s out there busting his ass to win and Frank decides he can’t be benched regardless of his play?
It’s not about Frank choosing not to try, it’s about the benching shattering his confidence.

It’s not about Frank choosing not to try, it’s about the benching shattering his confidence.

Do you think that Frank is somehow unaware of how he’s been playing?

He knows that JB is all about winning and he must know what’s likely to happen if he can’t improve. He has already tasted some of the pine.

If he gets benched permanently it isn’t going to be some cataclysmic surprise event that shatters his confidence.

Do you think that Frank is somehow unaware of how he’s been playing?

He knows that JB is all about winning and he must know what’s likely to happen if he can’t improve. He has already tasted some of the pine.

If he gets benched permanently it isn’t going to be some cataclysmic surprise event that shatters his confidence.

We agree to disagree. I’m glad you don’t coach.

And I’m glad you aren’t a psychoanalyst.

You think a senior who started most of the last two years would handle coming off the bench at the end of his senior year?

*Side note - who remembers him missing all those FT’s in a row late in a game last year and Boeheim almost pleading with him to stop being a headcase.

You think a senior who started most of the last two years would handle coming off the bench at the end of his senior year?

*Side note - who remembers him missing all those FT’s in a row late in a game last year and Boeheim almost pleading with him to stop being a headcase.

I don’t know and neither does anyone else. I tend to think Frank is a tough kid. He’s from PG County and played in the DC Catholic League where the crowds aren’t gentle.

Boeheim isn’t going to keep him out there if Frank isn’t contributing, now that there appears to be an alternative. If he gets benched and can’t handle it, then thats what will happen.

This is The Big Time. The rules are well understood. You play better than the player behind you or you sit.

Last edited:
My heart agrees with you but my head says we are a better team with Frank starting and Buddy coming off the bench. Also I do not think we can win games with Dolezaj starting at center. We need to determine early in the game if Chewy can be effective or not. JB had some good insight in last presser about the types of centers and defenses Chewy can best play. If I recall he said most of our remaining games were more suited to Chukwu. Hard to say Dolezaj has not helped us much more over the past several games but I still have nightmares thinking of the charging foul he took against Zion. For short periods of time in the game (not starting) I absolutely support your suggested 5.

Seriously, what have you seen out of Sidibe this season that would make you want to trust him? He commits fouls at an even greater rate than Dolezaj and Chukwu, 9.2 per 40 minutes to be exact. He can rebound, but he doesn't defend the back of the zone very well, and he hasn't proven to be much of an offensive factor.
There was a 5 minute stretch against a team, Pitt maybe, where it Marek was the 4 and Sidibe the 5 and Sidibe looked confident and strong. Caught the ball, kept out high and finished a post move or two. I believe Sidibe has more offensive potential than he's shown to date but he's not given the chance to show it that often. It might be worth investing 5 minutes at the start of a game to see what happens... it's not like we have hot starts with Chukwu in the game and Chukwu has proven coming off the bench won't send him into a total funk. I mean there are no great answers for our 5 position and next year Sidibe is the only proven big guy we are going to have... might as well see what he has when is WAPC is probably a closer to 0 than -1...

There was a 5 minute stretch against a team, Pitt maybe, where it Marek was the 4 and Sidibe the 5 and Sidibe looked confident and strong. Caught the ball, kept out high and finished a post move or two. I believe Sidibe has more offensive potential than he's shown to date but he's not given the chance to show it that often. It might be worth investing 5 minutes at the start of a game to see what happens... it's not like we have hot starts with Chukwu in the game and Chukwu has proven coming off the bench won't send him into a total funk. I mean there are no great answers for our 5 position and next year Sidibe is the only proven big guy we are going to have... might as well see what he has when is WAPC is probably a closer to 0 than -1...

And in those 5 minutes he may get us into the bonus. Sidibe shouldn't be on the floor until he can start controlling his foul issues.

I can't remember seeing much extended good play from Sidibe this year, but I think that was the game where he really seemed mobile and active. I have to believe his chronic health issues are limiting him right now.

I can't remember seeing much extended good play from Sidibe this year, but I think that was the game where he really seemed mobile and active. I have to believe his chronic health issues are limiting him right now.
In our two games against Pitt, Sidibe played a total of 12 minutes, missed his only FG attempt, grabbed 1 rebound, committed 1 foul and came up with 1 steal.

Since ACC play began, Bourama has scored a total of 6 points (4 against Clemson on 1/9 and 2 against Miami on 1/24), grabbed a total of 17 rebounds, and committed 18 fouls. And he has zero blocked shots in our last 8 games.

He has not in any way earned more minutes, much less the opportunity to start.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom