Starting QB for next year | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Starting QB for next year

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am very confident the best QB will start. The nice thing is that if TD proves the better QB, Dungey could be really useful elsewhere on offense as well. Same with Rex.

At this point, I don't see TD beating out Dungey. For one, he is a good player and has three years in the offense. Also, the o-line is going to be average at best next year. I can't imagine a 6'0" pocket passer trying to operate behind this line . Of course, TD's arm talent (and Ill include making correct reads with that) may be markedly better than Dungey, I don't know.

Whoever the best QB is should play.
I highly doubt the DeVito camp would demand to start if the kid wasn’t the best QB.
Totally agree with this. If DeVito is the real deal then great. I love Dungey's heart but there's been quite a few times where it seems like he really doesn't see the whole field. Dungey is also way too eager to run when things get dicey instead of finishing his progressions.

That's all we need, players "camps" influencing coaching decisions.
Comes with the territory of recruiting and landing elite players. Should put a smile on your face.

I'd bet we see a good mix of Eric, TD, and Rex in first third of next season. I also think Eric will start but his leash will be much shorter

Yup. Even if Eric is the starter, which I assume he will be, I’d like to see DeVito get some time in some of the early games assuming we’re winning them as we should be.

Likewise, if we’re getting whacked by somebody, get him in there too.

We know Eric gets hurt a lot.

I’m fully expecting to see him get time on the field regardless. Remember how we got Nassib time in his redshirt freshman season, while Paulus was the starter?

His father has insinuated things on this very board multiple times which caused many of us to wretch. That’s why the rumor is being met with such little skepticism. He already literally told us that he wasn’t happy over Tommy not being given reps during camp as the starter way back in preseason. The guys a problem, I feel bad for his kid.

I’m assuming OP
But I wasn’t sure if there was a family member posting that I’ve missed

Yup. Even if Eric is the starter, which I assume he will be, I’d like to see DeVito get some time in some of the early games assuming we’re winning them as we should be.

Likewise, if we’re getting whacked by somebody, get him in there too.

We know Eric gets hurt a lot.

I’m fully expecting to see him get time on the field regardless. Remember how we got Nassib time in his redshirt freshman season, while Paulus was the starter?

Totally agree with the Nassib-Paulus comparison. I've thought of that several times when thinking about ways to incorporate both QBs next year.

I think Dungey is your starter but i expect to see TD in real game time. Hate to say dual starters but i think ED is too good to just pass by but hopefully TD is good enough to push him for meaningful time.

I’m assuming OP
But I wasn’t sure if there was a family member posting that I’ve missed
You would be correct about the family member and yes you must have missed them.

Let me nip this in the bud ... all we want a d anybody would want is a fair chance to compete , I have all the respect for Ed ,and Rex showed class today with his praise for zach . I know the love affair here for Ed and deservedly so . If you haven't seen Tds throwing and skill set yet you will , I'm just stating a fact he has skills to match anyone in the country let alone our roster as long as it's open competition we will be happy as than Tommy will prove what he has . Let's just wait and see what happens believe me I will b the first to say if he is first ,2nd or 3rd . it's a long off season let's just be a team and let the coaches evaluate who is best . Enjoy the holidays and let's hope it's a fast winter

Let me nip this in the bud ... all we want a d anybody would want is a fair chance to compete , I have all the respect for Ed ,and Rex showed class today with his praise for zach . I know the love affair here for Ed and deservedly so . If you haven't seen Tds throwing and skill set yet you will , I'm just stating a fact he has skills to match anyone in the country let alone our roster as long as it's open competition we will be happy as than Tommy will prove what he has . Let's just wait and see what happens believe me I will b the first to say if he is first ,2nd or 3rd . it's a long off season let's just be a team and let the coaches evaluate who is best . Enjoy the holidays and let's hope it's a fast winter

Excellent post, best of luck to TD this coming season.

Status
Not open for further replies.