Starting Right Now... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Starting Right Now...

I will work with our school's administration to get transportation for our JV and Varsity football teams. My boys would enjoy it. And believe it or not, at least half of them have never been to the dome and we're only 20 minutes away.

That's crazy. Getting your teams there would be fantastic. Wouldn't be nice if every local football team was invited?

In the past, the "game" has been free and not really promoted as anything special so maybe folks don't think they will miss anything.

Charge $10.00, combine it with a home lacrosse game, bring out the cheerleaders, dance squad, band and concessions. Really play it up big in the media and give away 20,000 free tickets through the schools and the military. Now it's an event!!

We need to start working to make the Spring Game an EVENT. New approach. New attitude about the game and its role in energizing the fan base. I'd like to see 20,000 people there, including 10,000 kids. How do we get there?
I've got it! Free "Hard Nose" with SU LOGO at the door.

Raffle off a free leaf clean-up in the fall or free admission to the Lafayette Apple Festival that coincides with a home game. If they're going to miss for apple-picking, may as well get them to come to the spring game!

At "halftime" of the spring game, The Shafer wrestles a honey badger.

Raffle off a free leaf clean-up in the fall or free admission to the Lafayette Apple Festival that coincides with a home game. If they're going to miss for apple-picking, may as well get them to come to the spring game!
Better yet, give away coupons for free yard work and free apples. Also, assign a "Big Brother" to go watch whatever kids' sporting events need watching. That should improve attendance a ton.

someone's gotta have a connection to a beer distributor that would want to sponsor a tailgate.

Now that is a G-R-E-A-T idea! Why not a little beer tasting with some local restaurants providing snackies--Dinosaur, Empire, Limp Lizard, Heid's, etc, etc. On the Quad would be great, but I'd be happy with one of bigger parking lots as well.

let people on the field after the game. I always wanted to play catch with my son on the field in the dome. That would be more awsome than a HCSS presser.

At "halftime" of the spring game, The Shafer wrestles a honey badger.
Are there any sports teams that have claimed the honey badger name?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

let people on the field after the game. I always wanted to play catch with my son on the field in the dome. That would be more awsome than a HCSS presser.

They do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom