Starts for the last 6 Games | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Starts for the last 6 Games

If Bell & Benny get benched they immediately jump to the top of the transfer line (watch their body language when things don’t go their way as it is now). Add Jesse and Joe and maybe Judah leaving to a team with zero recruits for 2023 and you quickly can see that the coaches need to try and develop them as ‘starters’ IMO - Add to that they have the highest ‘ceiling’ on the team.
I don’t think Bell is actually like that

so you're blaming one player for these slow starts? lol that's crazy.
This isn’t football or soccer where there are 11 players out there. Sure as S one player can have a huge impact

If Bell & Benny get benched they immediately jump to the top of the transfer line
OK, and? If they're not working out here it's exceptionally unlikely they're going to work out somewhere else.

I don't think Syracuse has missed anything from the players who have transferred out in the last 4-5 seasons at least. Kadary maybe, just because he's physically a good fit for the schemes at Syracuse (which is whole other conversation). Quincy as a senior might be nice on this team, but honestly IMO Maliq is better.

OK, and? If they're not working out here it's exceptionally unlikely they're going to work out somewhere else.

I don't think Syracuse has missed anything from the players who have transferred out in the last 4-5 seasons at least. Kadary maybe, just because he's physically a good fit for the schemes at Syracuse (which is whole other conversation). Quincy as a senior might be nice on this team, but honestly IMO Maliq is better.

I get not wanting to give up on a player that you see potential in, especially with the risk of the portal.

However, at some point there has to be a reckoning and you can't be held hostage on a team that is 12-7 and the next in a string of mediocre or bad teams.

I'm not going to touch any of our previously departed, but with six freshman and one soph, there is just no way all of them are staying, I would guess, regardless.

I hope they all stay. But that might be pie in the sky. I know this might sound crazy coming from me, but I really want Bell to stay. I think he can come around, eventually. I just don't love him starting at this very moment.

I get not wanting to give up on a player that you see potential in, especially with the risk of the portal.

However, at some point there has to be a reckoning and you can't be held hostage on a team that is 12-7 and the next in a string of mediocre or bad teams.

I'm not going to touch any of our previously departed, but with six freshman and one soph, there is just no way all of them are staying, I would guess, regardless.

I hope they all stay. But that might be pie in the sky. I know this might sound crazy coming from me, but I really want Bell to stay. I think he can come around, eventually. I just don't love him starting at this very moment.
I see the transfer risks as Chris and Benny. If JB continues to start them and give chances all year, then hopefully they stay. I thought maybe Quadir would be at risk, but he's so positive I think he works through it and plays a lot next year, especially if Sy and/or Joe graduate. Confident that Peter stays, Maliq stays, JT stays and Mounir stays. Judah stays unless he goes pro, which I think he needs another year. There's a path to keeping everyone or only losing one guy, but it runs through Adam Weitsman.

I see the transfer risks as Chris and Benny. If JB continues to start them and give chances all year, then hopefully they stay. I thought maybe Quadir would be at risk, but he's so positive I think he works through it and plays a lot next year, especially if Sy and/or Joe graduate. Confident that Peter stays, Maliq stays, JT stays and Mounir stays. Judah stays unless he goes pro, which I think he needs another year. There's a path to keeping everyone or only losing one guy, but it runs through Adam Weitsman.

Just my 0.02 with no inside info, I think Benny is prob the highest risk. Brown is clearly the guy that would swap in for him and the writing is on the wall.

JB has said JT is a 2. JT slides to the 2 next year, Bell stays at the 3 and the pieces fit.

Judah needs to become a complete team player and understand his role to be counted on to look for his teammates, and not just want to be the man. We have superior shooters who have proven themselves as more reliable shooters than he is. Or we risk a couple of our sharpshooters going protocol. Who can blame them?

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom