State plans $20 million for Carrier Dome renovations | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

State plans $20 million for Carrier Dome renovations

when you think about wear and tear on seats like this the blue will hold up better than the orange just for looks over time up close.. i wonder what the studies would show on the look of empty seats vs people using color to hide the no shows?

I would maybe have liked to go with some layered color though.. maybe spell SU or Cuse or something when the place is empty.. or define sections with color maybe?

But blue is fine to me

Seat colors? Whatever who cares. Arm rests on every seat?? That's gonna be a no for me.

NASA: We have successfully launched a spacecraft that has deflected a meteor that would have struck the Earth and ended life as we know it.

Posters in this thread: You know, that money could have been spent on a rollout of universal WiFi. And did you have to preempt Wheel of Fortune to announce this?

Good Lord, people. Good Lord. This is something we have been screaming about FOR YEARS. Sheesh.
1651241478523.gif

Sala said the blue seats will help reduce the patches of silver that can make the Carrier Dome look empty during low-attendance events. He said the school looked into orange seats but believed it would be difficult to get an exact match for Syracuse’s version.

The seats on the lower level will be slightly wider than seats on the upper level.

Sala said the stairs on the third level of the Carrier Dome will be widened and, as part of the seating upgrades. As part of its upgrades, Sala said the school will make improvements on seating options for people with disabilities and make sure the facility complies with the Americans With Disabilities Act.

If Syracuse wanted to be different, they should have done scattered orange and blue (and maybe even white) seats.

I would have done 2/3 orange seats and the rest a mix of blue and white. Mixing seat colors also makes it much harder to see empty seats.

All blue seats will be fine but will also look exactly the same as many, many other areas.

If Syracuse wanted to be different, they should have done scattered orange and blue (and maybe even white) seats.

I would have done 2/3 orange seats and the rest a mix of blue and white. Mixing seat colors also makes it much harder to see empty seats.

All blue seats will be fine but will also look exactly the same as many, many other areas.

Having orange seats at midfield that made a Block S would be nice.

Yup, this looks best when there are empty seats. Replace your white with grey and it's spot on, imo

They must have a seat deal where actually getting a custom color is a big deal too..

I am sure I’m in the minority, but the blue doesn’t bother me. It’s our secondary color.
Right. And it won't show scuffs and stains like orange would. If they went orange, in two years people would complain the seats look shabby.

Last edited: