Statement from the ACC on Transfers... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Statement from the ACC on Transfers...

Could this turn into a scenario where the football blue-bloods start poaching top talent from the rest of the P5 (& other leagues)? Obviously they couldn't do this out in the open but if you are a good bagman ($$$), you know how to be discrete.
Start poaching? You don't think it's pure coincidence that 3 consecutive Heisman caliber QB's all transferred to Oklahoma just for the awesome educational opportunities in Norman or the pure desire to play for Lincoln Riley?

coaches cant just move.. they often pay a penalty to move and they also get fired and retired.

what penalty? Getting fired isn’t fun, but these guys have sweet contracts and land on their feet if they want to

they dont all have sweet contracts once you get go down the tree past the top level.. But you still need to have some stability on the sport for rosters and that goes way beyond the effect of coaches leaving. not every player is at a school just for the HC either. What happens if a school fires the coach and all the players leave? it would take yrs to recover

coaches cant just move.. they often pay a penalty to move and they also get fired and retired.

That penalty is almost always paid for by the new school.

But, set that aside, football players should not be treated any different than any other scholarship student, athlete or academic.

That penalty is almost always paid for by the new school.

But, set that aside, football players should not be treated any different than any other scholarship student, athlete or academic.
they are because they are.. no one is making them take a scholie to go to school for free but themselves.

they are because they are.. no one is making them take a scholie to go to school for free but themselves.

Sure, I definitely agree with that. Let me rephrase my position: I have no problem with them changing this rule and think it's appropriate that they do so. However, if they don't, I take your position.

In reading the 4 requirements to be able to transfer, does "(1) receive a release from their previous school;" mean that we go back to a kid having to get permission from a coach to enter the portal?

In reading the 4 requirements to be able to transfer, does "(1) receive a release from their previous school;" mean that we go back to a kid having to get permission from a coach to enter the portal?

The working group concept would change waiver criteria to allow approvals for first-time four-year transfers in all sports to compete immediately if they:
  • Receive a transfer release from their previous school.
  • Leave their previous school academically eligible.
  • Maintain their academic progress at the new school.
  • Leave under no disciplinary suspension.
Players can still enter the transfer portal at any time without a coaches permission. If you want to be immediately eligible, it looks like you'd need a release.

Some schools wouldn't care. Some schools might not grant releases if you want to transfer to a school on the upcoming schedule.

It's a work in progress.

"It is not uncommon, the low-major coach said, for players with eligibility left who are set to graduate from his program or others within his league to be getting calls from higher-level coaches in-season. This would only heighten such tampering, since all players would be free to go as they please".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom