Staten Island RB Augustus Edwards up to 9 offers | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Staten Island RB Augustus Edwards up to 9 offers

Edwards is making his decision, actually the announcement as he probably has known what he wants and is just going through the checks and balances of his choice, tomorrow, correct? I say he picks the CUSE as DM has surprised me with his influence on NYC kids, wouldn't surprise me if he brings in both LS and EO as well. You guys are making me see the light, albeit it is just a night light at this point. :D

Edwards is making his decision, actually the announcement as he probably has known what he wants and is just going through the checks and balances of his choice, tomorrow, correct? I say he picks the CUSE as DM has surprised me with his influence on NYC kids, wouldn't surprise me if he brings in both LS and EO as well. You guys are making me see the light, albeit it is just a night light at this point. :D

Unless it has changed again, per Garcia, Gus is announcing on 7/10.

You don't seriously believe this, do you? Notre Dame is still more relevant in college football than we are. They get their highlights on ESPN for pretty much every game. We get ours on ESPN when we get an upset or are the only game on tv. They went 8-5 last year and we went 5-7. I mean, I'd love to think EO wants to come to SU but if he does it won't be for any of the reasons you state.

Not what I'm saying - he has a better chance being a big fish in a small pond at SU - on campus and with the fan base.

One last note on Tottenville RB Augustus Edwards. Miami came in too late and he has no visits lined up before he makes decision. #psalfootball
profile_image

A Tweet by @NYPost_Brazille
2012-07-06
Sha

NYPost_Brazille Edwards will commit next Tuesday at Tottenville at 10 a.m. #psalfootball

Now does anyone know if he even went and looked at UVA, MD or NC State?

by Tuesday morning at 11:00a things will start to pick up ... by 7/20 things will accelerate further

then it is on to 2014 other than a few remaining 2013 prospects

I expect a flurry of commits over the next month

by Tuesday morning at 11:00a things will start to pick up ... by 7/20 things will accelerate further

then it is on to 2014 other than a few remaining 2013 prospects

I expect a flurry of commits over the next month

Is that a gut feel or have you heard some rumblings?

Is that a gut feel or have you heard some rumblings?

based on multiple articles we have kids saying they are waiting on a couple of kids and then things will go from there ... Garcia has hinted at big things to come

once we land Gus and EO (I got a 'good feeling that is never wrong' things will develop rapidly as the staff focuses on the 'select' kids they have listed for the remainder of this class and start working on next year

kids to fill out this class I would imagine would be predominately playmaker types with a few big hosses sprinkled in (OL /DL)

based on multiple articles we have kids saying they are waiting on a couple of kids and then things will go from there ... Garcia has hinted at big things to come

once we land Gus and EO (I got a 'good feeling that is never wrong' things will develop rapidly as the staff focuses on the 'select' kids they have listed for the remainder of this class and start working on next year

kids to fill out this class I would imagine would be predominately playmaker types with a few big hosses sprinkled in (OL /DL)
I hope that we get the dynamic duo of AE and EO It would be at the very least inspiring Apparentl John thinks we are in very good shape with Laray as well.That kid has the speed thing going for him. Once a RB clears the LOS he should be able to outrun the defense with maybe one or two cuts in his path to the end-zone.

I hope that we get the dynamic duo of AE and EO It would be at the very least inspiring Apparentl John thinks we are in very good shape with Laray as well.That kid has the speed thing going for him. Once a RB clears the LOS he should be able to outrun the defense with maybe one or two cuts in his path to the end-zone.
We are in good shape with all three. I have spoken with all three and that is definitely the case. Edwards announces on Tuesday.

Laray has elite speed, something Syracuse doesn't have. You are absolutely correct about that. That is why I believe Syracuse will make room for him even with Edwards in the fold.

We are in good shape with all three. I have spoken with all three and that is definitely the case. Edwards announces on Tuesday.

Laray has elite speed, something Syracuse doesn't have. You are absolutely correct about that. That is why I believe Syracuse will make room for him even with Edwards in the fold.
If the fullback position remains a viable and integral part of the offense, I would like the player to be threat with the ball in his hanhds. Thats why I think a kid like AAM might be perfect there if he dedicates him self to the blocking and reciving parts of the position. Admittedly its a big "IF":rolleyes:

You do excellent work. Those three along with Officer are must gets in NYS this year. Have you talked with Officer?

You do excellent work. Those three along with Officer are must gets in NYS this year. Have you talked with Officer?
I have not. Since I'm not part of a national network like Scout or Rivals or ESPN, all communication happens because I put in a lot of leg work getting recruit's contact information. Twitter and Facebook have been essential for me in that respect. Scout and Rivals have the benefit of simply looking in a database for a kid's number. I do not. I have been unable to locate a twitter or Facebook account for Officer. When these kids create a random name, rather than simply Alex Officer, for Twitter or Facebook, it can be difficult for me to find. I usually do, but Brian Lemelle and Alex Officer are two that have eluded me.

Ezcept that small fast guys play DB, and at some schools, LB . That said, a HR threat at RB would be nice.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

I have not. Since I'm not part of a national network like Scout or Rivals or ESPN, all communication happens because I put in a lot of leg work getting recruit's contact information. Twitter and Facebook have been essential for me in that respect. Scout and Rivals have the benefit of simply looking in a database for a kid's number. I do not. I have been unable to locate a twitter or Facebook account for Officer. When these kids create a random name, rather than simply Alex Officer, for Twitter or Facebook, it can be difficult for me to find. I usually do, but Brian Lemelle and Alex Officer are two that have eluded me.
Thanks for your great work.

Ok, so what time is Augustus announcing tomorrow?

Edwards will commit Tuesday at Tottenville at 10 a.m.

Cool--let's hope for good news!

Glad we won't have to wait long. And if Edwards DOES pick SU, then things will get interesting...

Ok, so what time is Augustus announcing tomorrow?
Do we have a man or a woman in Staten Island? Staten Island lurkers, please step forward now if you dare. Would love to have someone down there covering the presser live.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom