Statistical Matchup vs #8 Miami | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Statistical Matchup vs #8 Miami

Haha. Fair enough. I'm just simply saying that our close game was only close due to a couple of factors. We actually outgunned them 480 vs 280, but again spotted them a TD on an on-side kick. The other poster was saying that your losses could have been wins and I think that can almost always be said about a game.

Syracuse man-handled LSU. We had three breakdowns in the D where LSU scored on big plays. In Death Valley. In September heat and humidity. Syracuse should have won the game, but the team made mistakes. If they play the Miami game like they played the Clemson game, it will be a great game, win or lose. If Syracuse plays like they did against LSU, it will be hard for Syracuse to win.

Regardless, we are looking for another good game. We believe we have turned the corner from the Clemson 54-0 thrashings. Miami is not quite the elite team they were in yesteryear. Richt is a very good coach but has a history of losing a game here and there that he shouldn't and not being as good of a game coach in the highest profile games (Clemson, FSU type games). Many posters on here wish we had been in Pittsburg's slot instead of our slot because they wanted to play Miami every year, that and they love to hate VATech (really tight series).

Good game guys. Hope those of you that attended enjoyed Hard Rock Stadium.

I thought the numerous dropped passes we had really let this game stay closer than it could've been. Especially given the 4 INTs we had. Also thought you guys did a great job in shutting down our running game. Meanwhile, we really struggled to slow down your ground attack. Syracuse did a great job with that and was surprised you didn't run on us more.

You can see why we love our front seven and our DBs did a good job of sticking with your WRs.

That QB of yours in one tough SOB. Really impressed with him as most Canes fans were.

Overall, I think your program is headed in the right direction. Great coach and philosophy. A couple good recruiting classes and you guys should be a solid program for years to come. Good luck the rest of the season.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom