Statue of Pearl | Syracusefan.com

Statue of Pearl

Roger Needham said:
How about the board raise money for a statue of Pearl to be placed in "Pearl Plaza" in front of the Dome?
I think a statue is perfect. But outside the dome? Or in front of Melo Center?

Last edited:
I think a statue is perfect. But sinuous donate dome? Or in front of Melo Center?
I'd prefer the dome since I go to the dome. Never been to the Melo Center.

Marsh01 said:
no offense but screw the melo center. It would need to be at the dome
I don't think I disagree, just came to mind because of the 44 plaza up there.

So do you put it near the quad where Ernie is?

I don't think I disagree, just came to mind because of the 44 plaza up there.

So do you put it near the quad where Ernie is?
Yeah, More fans will see it there

i would find a place for it INSIDE the dome. Or at least have some type of shrine in the dome for him
I would hope that with the renovation, they come up with space for both a football and hoop HOF in the concourse somewhere.

one where, of course, Pearl will be featured prominently.

maybe even a Lax one too.

lets keep our feet on the floor here...a floor that should be named after James Arthur Boeheim forever and under a roof that needs to be called...'insert fortune 500 company name here for 5mill a year' Dome.

At halftime they should have a shot from Pearl's spot near half court. If it is made, the winner gets a prize (whatever it is now, if they have one) and a donation to cancer research in Pearl's honor. Just to honor him at every game.

At halftime they should have a shot from Pearl's spot near half court. If it is made, the winner gets a prize (whatever it is now, if they have one) and a donation to cancer research in Pearl's honor. Just to honor him at every game.
And they can permanently mark that spot with a "31". It's an easy no-brainer.

I think the statue should be of Pearl taking the half court game winner.
8428173_1453433414.6057.jpg

I would hope that with the renovation, they come up with space for both a football and hoop HOF in the concourse somewhere.

one where, of course, Pearl will be featured prominently.

maybe even a Lax one too.

lets keep our feet on the floor here...a floor that should be named after James Arthur Boeheim forever and under a roof that needs to be called...'insert fortune 500 company name here for 5mill a year' Dome.
There used to be one in the Ernie Davis Room... I wonder what's there these days.

There used to be one in the Ernie Davis Room... I wonder what's there these days.
that's exactly what I was thinking.

it shouldn't be too hard, even if they are not incorporating Archbold into it.

here is the Giants Legacy Club at the new Giants Stadium, its really not that big... but it gets the job done.

http://legacyclub.giants.com/#!r=tribute-room

No question Pearl was a great player and a good guy who is dealing with a tragic situation, but a statue?

Ernie Davis won the Heisman trophy. Jim Brown is arguably the best football player of all-time and Floyd Little is an NFL HOFer.

Best basketball player in Syracuse history? Dave Bing (no statue)? Derrick Coleman (no statue)?

Nothing against Pearl - I was a freshman when he was and loved watching him as much as any of you - but at this point I think statue talk is a bit premature. His number is already retired, how about a plaque somewhere in the Dome or at the Melo Center?

I'm sure that the administration will honor him in some appropriate way when the time comes to do so, but a statue?

No question Pearl was a great player and a good guy who is dealing with a tragic situation, but a statue?

Ernie Davis won the Heisman trophy. Jim Brown is arguably the best football player of all-time and Floyd Little is an NFL HOFer.

Best basketball player in Syracuse history? Dave Bing (no statue)? Derrick Coleman (no statue)?

Nothing against Pearl - I was a freshman when he was and loved watching him as much as any of you - but at this point I think statue talk is a bit premature. His number is already retired, how about a plaque somewhere in the Dome or at the Melo Center?

I'm sure that the administration will honor him in some appropriate way when the time comes to do so, but a statue?

I totally agree w this sentiment. Also, did he ever graduate? I think a university needs to take that into account when you are putting a statue up of someone on campus.

I totally agree w this sentiment. Also, did he ever graduate? I think a university needs to take that into account when you are putting a statue up of someone on campus.
He did graduate sometime in the late 90s if I remember.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom