Statue of Pearl | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Statue of Pearl

I totally agree w this sentiment. Also, did he ever graduate? I think a university needs to take that into account when you are putting a statue up of someone on campus.

Oh, so maybe we should give the money back to Melo (and Joyce) and forget about the basketball center then, because you know Melo never graduated either.

When they remodel the dome it could go inside. The important thing is to honor him with a statue. I stop by the Ernie statue most times when I'm at a game.
I always make it a habit to walk by the Ernie statue and rub the foot for luck before any game I attend in the Dome.

I think in a crouch, crossing over, is the quintessential Pearl pose.
I think it should be a picture right after he hit Ewing with that forearm. It could be Pearl will Ewing on the ground below him.

I prefer one of Pearl punching Ewing in the stomach...:) Two birds with one stone. Honor the single most important player in 'Cuse history and . . . . on the Hoyas.
Beat me to it.

I too rub Ernie. As do a whole lot of people. There is always a steady stream of people waiting to touch it.

Wait that sounds bad.

At halftime they should have a shot from Pearl's spot near half court. If it is made, the winner gets a prize (whatever it is now, if they have one) and a donation to cancer research in Pearl's honor. Just to honor him at every game.
A strand of pearls.

100% agreed with a statue, and wouldn't be opposed to a Bing statue shortly thereafter

also, if the dome renovations contain anything like the Chase Bridges at MSG (from where I saw David Gilmour last night) just call it the Pearl Crossover...just make sure all traffic goes to the left

OburgOrange said:
Hmmm. Where did you get "Pearl Plaza" from?

Me

I totally agree w this sentiment. Also, did he ever graduate? I think a university needs to take that into account when you are putting a statue up of someone on campus.
Are you guys freaking kidding? Please tell me you and orange87 are joking...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom