Stay classy, Kentucky | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Stay classy, Kentucky

There goes my theory. One of the dirtiest hits I have ever seen in 40 years of football watching but obviously no excuse for this kind of reaction
I don't know. Seems to me the tweet/s were obnoxious at best and lies at worst on the teammate's part and were subsequently pulled per the article but I may have misread it.

So any coach who blames a ref is ultimately responsible if their fanbase sends him death threats? If one of our fans threatened Dick Paparo back in 1984, which they most likely did, is JB to blame? I dislike Calipari a great deal but in no way is this pinned on him. These fanatics made their own decisions.

Edited to add that Cal isn't wrong. There were quite a few poor calls against UK, mostly in the 1st half. These calls had a legitimate impact on the outcome, not that I minded one bit :)
Agree and I said pretty much the same in another thread re Cal's post game press conference where he was pretty subdued, given that so many players were fouled during the first half.

It could have been a SU game. FWIW and just saying.

We shall see if NC wins the NC and what happens afterwards. Or doesn't happen.

Spot on. Wander into any game thread while we're losing & you're sure to see at least a few threats, sometimes even against our own players/coaches. There was a thread during a random Duke game earlier this season where a poster stated that they wanted to punch Luke Kennard in the face because they were annoyed by how much he touches his hair. UK has an enormous/rabid fanbase but I'd be shocked if Higgins didn't receive any threats/voicemails/e-mails etc. from SU fans after the 2012 tourney loss to Ohio State. Let's also keep in mind that there's no greater "click-bait" in college basketball than an anti-Calipari/UK story.

Ha, I honestly have no clue, just recall reading it while skimming the thread. I don't judge whoever posted it. Like I said, sports can invoke all types of emotions & opinions in us, that's part of what makes them so fun.

Ha, I honestly have no clue, just recall reading it while skimming the thread. I don't judge whoever posted it. Like I said, sports can invoke all types of emotions & opinions in us, that's part of what makes them so fun.

I went back because I was curious and I don't believe I said that. I did make several comments about the odd way he touches/relishes his hair, but no punching threats that I can find.

Calipari blaming the refs is straight up garbage on him. He started all this, even though the UK trash fans escalated it far beyond what is acceptable. F Cal.

Calipari is just telling UK fans that the reason they're being deprived of their birthright has nothing to do with him. No indeed. Not his fault he has a new team every year. Nope.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom