Stephen A instead of Russilo | Syracusefan.com

Stephen A instead of Russilo

Stephen A has been the main guy in the 1 p.m. slot for ESPN for a bit now, hasn't he? I know at least on SiriusXM that Stephen A was on ESPN Radio while Russillo was on the ESPN News channel for the last year or so.

Stephen A has been the main guy in the 1 p.m. slot for ESPN for a bit now, hasn't he? I know at least on SiriusXM that Stephen A was on ESPN Radio while Russillo was on the ESPN News channel for the last year or so.

I thought this was a recent change. Russillo's announcement was last week I thought. He's a former UVM guy, so of course he's been on up here for awhile.

Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one who likes Stephen A Smith. I think the guy is incredibly entertaining.

Of course you do. As the board contrarian, you've found a kindred soul. And I mean that in the kindest way.

He screams a lot more than you do though.

I thought this was a recent change. Russillo's announcement was last week I thought. He's a former UVM guy, so of course he's been on up here for awhile.

It probably depended on what your local ESPN affiliate decided to pick up. Maybe that's how it works with SiriusXM as well. Russillo was always on ESPN News and that's how I always listened to him though. I guess now the only option for local ESPN affiliates is Stephen A or local shows.

Will Cain replaced Russillo. He’s on 3-6.
Bomani is strictly TV now.

Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one who likes Stephen A Smith. I think the guy is incredibly entertaining.

I give him a lot of credit for being contrarian across the board. He is a lot like Jason Whitlock in that way but SAS is the only black guy to be like that on ESPN. He is just as critical of the black players as he is anyone else and not many on ESPN (radio or TV) are like that. Compared to say Bomani Jones who is the king of fakeness.

Back to the OP .. I find Russilo to be bland and unlistenable. He brings nothing to the table for me.

I don’t mind him either, he’s much better than a lot of the useless talent they pump.

I just don’t have an opportunity to listen to him, his tv show isn’t something I’d put on a work and his radio show (if it’still on) is opposite Evan & Joe, which will have my attention more than ever now.

I give him a lot of credit for being contrarian across the board. He is a lot like Jason Whitlock in that way but SAS is the only black guy to be like that on ESPN. He is just as critical of the black players as he is anyone else and not many on ESPN (radio or TV) are like that. Compared to say Bomani Jones who is the king of fakeness.

Back to the OP .. I find Russilo to be bland and unlistenable. He brings nothing to the table for me.

Amen on your Bomani Jones assessment.

Rusillo was likeable when he was with SVP .. now he comes off as a pompous ass

The since canned Danny kennel was god awful

Rusillo was likeable when he was with SVP .. now he comes off as a pompous ass

The since canned Danny kennel was god awful

Seemed like that change started to come about in Russillo after he was paired frequently with Will Cain. Pompous lecturing on a regular basis soon followed.

Will Cain should join Tom cream in the televangelist racket

Give me Bomani any day over SAS. Can't stand that dude.

Classic case of pick your poison. SAS is a lot louder though so he probably gets the nod as more annoying.

holy heck. For at least the last 10 years I've listened to espnradio every day at work.

SAS has been on for 23 minutes. I'm not doing this.

Looking for any other recommendations here, before I just say it and switch to pandora.

12pm EST - 9pm is my time slot (8am-5pm my time)

holy heck. For at least the last 10 years I've listened to espnradio every day at work.

SAS has been on for 23 minutes. I'm not doing this.

Looking for any other recommendations here, before I just say it and switch to pandora.

12pm EST - 9pm is my time slot (8am-5pm my time)

Awful, isn't he?

Stephen A. talks in cap locks too much but the guy is genuine.
He isn’t as bad Skip or Kellerman.

Bomani just sucks.

Rusillo is like watching paint dry to me, I can take SAS in small doses. I am not much for talk radio anymore though.

I still like Rome the best, call me crazy

Stephen A. talks in cap locks too much but the guy is genuine.
He isn’t as bad Skip or Kellerman.

Bomani just sucks.

My radio is mostly on for background noise while I'm working away. Stephen A. talking in caps is not what I'm looking for.

I actually liked Bomani. I normally download his podcast to listen to on flights.

I'll miss Rusillo, but liked him better with SVP.

I've been on nbcsports radio since I posted my original SAS complaint.

Rome got taken off of Denver airwaves once again. He always resurfaces though. He's the best for my day to day listening. I don't mind Bomani. Listening to SAS is as bad as it gets for me. The only thing worse is them putting him on boxing and football. Who on earth thought that was a good idea? He's clueless

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom